Sign in to follow this  
azdbllung

Advice wanted - crazy gun sale

On 2/23/2020 at 11:40 AM, azdbllung said:

I appreciate all the advice given. 

Imho

I have yet to read anyone say file a police report but that is what I would do. You were legal and if anyone decides to show up at your door angry you are already 1 step ahead and then police will know what is going on. Very sad and unfortunate thing but clearly the guy knew what he wanted to do and woulda got it done no matter what. 🤷‍♂️ sorry it happened to you just remember family often does not think logical during a time like this and they want to blame someone or anyone for their loss. 

• Like 5

3 year update: Crazy as it sounds... the lady has kept her sons phone active this whole time and periodically sends me texts a few times a year in hopes for a response. It's sad at this point tbh. Every year on the date he took his life, his birthday...just sad. There's nothing I can offer her but it's still odd to keep getting texts like that periodically. 

• Sad 2
  • Wow! 2

I replied BC (Before Covid) and having revisited this thread today as well as the OP and I would not reply to this woman and would block her number.

I wish the OP the best of luck with this highly unusual circumstance.

Eddie

• Like 2

What’s sad is the mental illness this family is afflicted by. She’s in a very dark place, likely similar to one her poor son was in! I can’t even imagine the pain any young person  can be feeling to take their own life! I can’t help but having empathy for her losing a child but man there’s no way anyone will be able to reason with her, least of all you! Block the number so maybe this can be cleared from your head! You did nothing wrong!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, azdbllung said:

3 year update: Crazy as it sounds... the lady has kept her sons phone active this whole time and periodically sends me texts a few times a year in hopes for a response. It's sad at this point tbh. Every year on the date he took his life, his birthday...just sad. There's nothing I can offer her but it's still odd to keep getting texts like that periodically. 

Sounds like the "do not reply" crowd was right.

That is extremely odd that she has kept the phone alive and every once in a while tries to send you on that guilt trip to accompany her.

• Like 1