grey curse

Hearing enhancement buds

I noticed over the last few years my hearing is not what it used to be, mainly  do to shooting, and heavy equipment operating.  I have changed of my hunting strategy to calling and listening, from elk, deer turkey and even quail, But just not hearing them as well as my hunting partners.  Has anyone out there had any experience or recommendations on hearing aids for hunting.  Not wanting to break the bank under $200, sound suppressing is a must.
    Thanks all. Hope everyone is staying safe out there with all the craziness going on in the world.  

I’ve done my research and looked over game ear along with other manufacturers.  Just curious of other people’s experience pro or con.  Thanks.  

1 hour ago, grey curse said:

I’ve done my research and looked over game ear along with other manufacturers.  Just curious of other people’s experience pro or con.  Thanks.  

I have been doing a little research as well. Just curious if you have found any you are most interested in? If money wasn't an issue I think I would go with the Tetra AmpPods 90 programmed for turkey. I talked to the owners at the NWTF national convention and it seems like a great product but even with the 10% NWTF discount it is a little more than I want to spend. 

3 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Is that a hairball from your cat?

No, it's his catnip. Used to make him race around like a herd of Banshees had him by the tail.. 

(Not really "this" bud, but his catnip sure did)

Edited by Ohthatguy
To appease Sally and the SPCA hoodlums

7 hours ago, grey curse said:

I noticed over the last few years my hearing is not what it used to be, mainly  do to shooting, and heavy equipment operating.  I have changed of my hunting strategy to calling and listening, from elk, deer turkey and even quail, But just not hearing them as well as my hunting partners.  Has anyone out there had any experience or recommendations on hearing aids for hunting.  Not wanting to break the bank under $200, sound suppressing is a must.
    Thanks all. Hope everyone is staying safe out there with all the craziness going on in the world.  

Watch camofire and pick up a cheap pair just for kicks.  I got walkers shooting muffs for the family so i could communicate with them while practiving.  I was surprised how well the $40 ones worked and the sound they picked up.  

4 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Is that a hairball from your cat?

That's bud, budd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grey curse said:

Just checked camofire.  They have 3 pairs today. Cheapest is $140

When those ear buds amplify sound everything is a louder not just what you want to hear.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CatfishKev said:
On 4/2/2020 at 9:29 AM, grey curse said:

Just checked camofire.  They have 3 pairs today. Cheapest is $140

I will Thanks.