NOTAGS

Anyone else get their Stimulus Check?

I was sitting eating where the wife worked in like 89 one year. Wife comes up and says Hey you know this old guy he just bought your dinner on his way out.. I never saw him. about a week later Wife says he told her That I kicked him out of a Machine shop one day that his close friend owned. then I remembered I kicked this old dude out of the shop one day cause he pissed me off. was standing there watching me run a lathe and made some smart butt comments about how I was going to fast. I told him to get the f out of the shop as I had no idea who he was.

Anyway come to find out he was one of my wifes customers since the early 80s and a long time after that, my boss's very close friend and owned a huge state of the art machine shop. he bought a dozen of the machines I was running hence thats why he was watching and asking me questions.. few years later he offered me a job saw him from time to time he was just an arrogant asshole like most machinist back then.

I went to his shop a few times to give some tech advice over the years on Behalf of the owner of the shop I worked at. he was a pretty cool guy just not an employee friendly person probably growing pains as he was getting more into production aerospace and the golf business was incredibly huge..

Whether you agree with the premise of the stimulus or not, the intended purpose is to stimulate the economy by spending it, not stimulate the banks by sticking it in savings. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delw said:

I was sitting eating where the wife worked in like 89 one year. Wife comes up and says Hey you know this old guy he just bought your dinner on his way out.. I never saw him. about a week later Wife says he told her That I kicked him out of a Machine shop one day that his close friend owned. then I remembered I kicked this old dude out of the shop one day cause he pissed me off. was standing there watching me run a lathe and made some smart butt comments about how I was going to fast. I told him to get the f out of the shop as I had no idea who he was.

Anyway come to find out he was one of my wifes customers since the early 80s and a long time after that, my boss's very close friend and owned a huge state of the art machine shop. he bought a dozen of the machines I was running hence thats why he was watching and asking me questions.. few years later he offered me a job saw him from time to time he was just an arrogant asshole like most machinist back then.

I went to his shop a few times to give some tech advice over the years on Behalf of the owner of the shop I worked at. he was a pretty cool guy just not an employee friendly person probably growing pains as he was getting more into production aerospace and the golf business was incredibly huge..

Machinist are ahole you say, imagine that..

3 hours ago, JSR said:

Whether you agree with the premise of the stimulus or not, the intended purpose is to stimulate the economy by spending it, not stimulate the banks by sticking it in savings. 

Yeah but the really nice thing about it is my check is mine and yours is yours...to each their own. That said I spent the heck out of ours...trying to help local businesses but some went to amazon. 

• Like 1

I now there anal, but he's always pissed off..

5 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Machinist are ahole you say, imagine that..

were the biggest assholes in the world.

never angry though, I dotn think I ever met a angry machinest

• Like 1

I work for one of you when I was younger. F 1/8 & 1/32 it was like 1/124 , unbelievable what you guys do. That's why your anal

4 hours ago, bigorange said:

Yeah but the really nice thing about it is my check is mine and yours is yours...to each their own. That said I spent the heck out of ours...trying to help local businesses but some went to amazon. 

Agreed, that's why I only said that the intentions were to spend it. You must make decisions based on your own circumstances. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

I work for one of you when I was younger. F 1/8 & 1/32 it was like 1/124 , unbelievable what you guys do. That's why your anal

haha 1/124 I wish. try 1/1000 and 1/10000

1/124 = 00806425

1/1000=0.001

1/10000= .0001 

for comparison

a human hair is typically .0025 thick

8 minutes ago, Delw said:

a human hair is typically .0025 thick

Depends on the type of hair. I remember certain hairs as a standard unit of measure...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3