azkid

Black River Closed

why the F would you close a river when you are trying to get people to spread out?

Was in unit 1 turkey hunting all the lakes on the rez are closed and unless you were wearing a mask you weren't allowed into the store at Hon dah, gas was a $1.69 a gallon though, I heard gas is a $1.55 at the Gap

36 minutes ago, JSR said:

why the F would you close a river when you are trying to get people to spread out?

Several tribes have gone complete lockdown going onto the Rez and curfews on the Rez. The way it’s hit some areas on Navajo and other tribes I don’t blame them and hope it helps prevent spread. 

2 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Several tribes have gone complete lockdown going onto the Rez and curfews on the Rez. The way it’s hit some areas on Navajo and other tribes I don’t blame them and hope it helps prevent spread. 

I just don't see the logic of locking 6-12 people into one house (which is common on reservations) when they could be outdoors and spread out. I can see keeping people from outside the RES out.

Maybe thats what they have done? Can the residents of the RES still go to the river. lakes etc?

1 hour ago, JSR said:

I just don't see the logic of locking 6-12 people into one house (which is common on reservations) when they could be outdoors and spread out. I can see keeping people from outside the RES out.

Maybe thats what they have done? Can the residents of the RES still go to the river. lakes etc?

I don’t know the details on Black River but that could be the case...closed to non-residents. I agree it doesn’t make sense to not allow folks outside...that’s why golf courses, hiking trails, and other outside recreation activities have mostly been declared essential. 

San Carlos has extended the current Stay At Home order until May 27th. All lakes, rivers, outdoor areas are closed to Everyone. Curfew every night from 9pm to 6am. Checkpoints at every entrance to the town and must show tribal ID or other proof of residency. No funerals or wakes, just burials with no more than 10 ppl. Alcohol sales on the Rez banned for the duration of the closure.

Number of Covid 19 cases on San Carlos - 0.

DAN

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wow! 1