ltd2004

Chevlon canyon lake

I have not been there in years.  In the late 80s me and my friend Ricky Heading bought a 12 foot boat for 50 bucks and carried it to the dam and left it. We would take a wheel barrel with our gear and battery  trolling motor down and go fishing.  We would be the only ones, had the lake to ourselves. Got some nice fish also. And yes we got checked by game and fish all the time.  Never did retrieve the boat.  We could tell people were using it, fine, never a problem. Them were the days. 

I netted this fish for a fella last summer kinda a crummy pick but it was 28inchs 

we normally catch some pretty good rainbows also 

AE4AB5EC-121F-4DFB-81F2-7AA88975F444.jpeg

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

I netted this fish for a fella last summer kinda a crummy pick but it was 28inchs 

we normally catch some pretty good rainbows also 

AE4AB5EC-121F-4DFB-81F2-7AA88975F444.jpeg

That guy must be 14’ tall

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThomC said:

I am wondering what is the answer to your young daughters question.  Why are people so lazy and stupid?😷 

I have a rhino 660 and it sure as heck didn’t look to me like half of it would fit through what I took as a pedestrian walk through. Forgive my ignorance I only looked at the fishing regs and I have only hiked to that drainage from the east to avoid just this kind of activity. I had no knowledge of even a gate, I just thought since I had never seen anyone on the lake or near the lake where I go that it was walk in only. I remember years back when I went someone mentioned it was walk in only. So some might see my disappointment. I told my daughter most people don’t appreciate speacial places and want to just bring their house camping with them and don’t know what the whole point is. Like the post above noting how they are considering this wilderness and trying not to let it gat hammered by limiting access yet folks do their best to do anything they can to get it just like every other lake up that way and turn it into a small city and drag half their belongings with them. Look at it this way, we hiked some nasty stuff to where we camped with backpacks , bivys, and hammocks and there was no sign of people. And where there is access for lazy people there were quads, garbage, etc. 

3 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I have not been there in years.  In the late 80s me and my friend Ricky Heading bought a 12 foot boat for 50 bucks and carried it to the dam and left it. We would take a wheel barrel with our gear and battery  trolling motor down and go fishing.  We would be the only ones, had the lake to ourselves. Got some nice fish also. And yes we got checked by game and fish all the time.  Never did retrieve the boat.  We could tell people were using it, fine, never a problem. Them were the days. 

I remember the guys witht he wheel barrle, one guy used to bring a modified wagon. Wife and I used to go there in the early 80s to late80's all the time.

You by chance dont remember the crazy fox that would follow people down, then hang around to follow someone going back up, then follow people down again.

funniest thing I ever saw he never walked up or down the hill alone was like a pet dog. he would come right up to you for pets but would get a tad skiddish and back off at the last min.

• Like 1

It is very sad that people will work so hard to get around barracades that are in place to stop over use and trashing of a area and then leave the place a mess with their trash.  But to pick up their trash and put it back in their vehicle and haul it out, well that is too much work.  😦😕

MulePackHunter is always finding gate crashers. Couple years ago.it was some clown on Hard Scrabble Mesa. The clown drove down a fence line (no road) that separated Natl Forest and Wilderness, then busted thru and drove on wilderness (Cedar Bench) in order to park next to a stock tank.

Hope he was reported, I never seen so many deer stands and game cams. Surely he was photographed.