Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Smoke up some meats

My great wife got me a new smoker, I hope for me but I think for her because she says there's never any left overs . There are now

Well anyway decided to cook up a beef brisket, doing 2 flats to start gonna try doing an 18hr slow and low smoke with competition pellets.

So if you want tag along and thru in some recipes, rubs, marinade, handgranades what ever you want.

20200620_195923.jpg

20200620_200032.jpg

20200620_184541_1592704017849.jpg

20200619_173830.jpg

• Like 9

Gonna sleep on it, hopefully be up to 150° inside in the morning.

2 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Frys has them on sale. Just told someone two minutes ago I want to get one and long smoke it!

Yeah wife bought a bunk of pork shoulder butts this AM, said they were like a buck a pound or something like that. she got all excited till she got home and I said remember the smoker took a dump a few months ago. guess I'm going to have to buy another one soon.

we did it on the grill long ago before we had the smoker, took a full bottle of propane but dang it was good. grill took like 14-15 hours for 2 huge butts.

On the bright side good thing our daughter wrote down the rub recipes and bbq ones that her and I made since she was 13. She loved coming up with different concauksions of bbq sauce and rubs.

The only thing I will put on brisket is equal parts kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, and fresh ground coffee. Soooo good

• Like 2

So far I think I’ve gone thru all the pit boss seasoning and they are all good.

If your like alittle kick to your brisket Pitt boss lone star is good.

• Like 1

Just now, oz31p said:

So far I think I’ve gone thru all the pit boss seasoning and all the tregaer  they are all good.

If your like alittle kick to your brisket Pitt boss lone star is good.

Got this pit boss from Lowes, $389 its so easy. At 140° inside now, after 12hrs, another couple hrs it will be Tim to steam for last 3hs at 350° to get inside to 195° 200°

K I'm at 147° inside should I continue low and slow until internal temp is 195°, book says to wrap in foil and kick up heat to 350° for 3hrs.   what do think?

20200621_081317.jpg

• Like 1

I smoke for 4-5 hrs then wrap at ~165°. I use butcher paper but foil works. Take off at 205°. Rest in old cooler w towel folded over it for 1-hr. Nice and juicy. 

Foil will finish faster than paper. I generally leave smoker at 225° to 250° and don’t change even after wrapping. Temp depends on time to feast. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

K I'm at 147° inside should I continue low and slow until internal temp is 195°, book says to wrap in foil and kick up heat to 350° for 3hrs.   what do think?

20200621_081317.jpg

What time do you want to eat?  Then advise can be give for finish process from here. I doubt it will take 3-hrs @350° to get to 200°. I’d really watch it. 

Sounds good, I've been at 200° over night. I'll take your advise, wrap and bump up to 250° for 3-4 hrs

• Like 1