deserttacoma84

Fishing Forums

41 minutes ago, Ringer said:

I remember you Andrew. You used a chatterbait and caught fish on it. I never heard of one. CBC was like the Zone. Great group of hard drinking assholes that just had a blast once a month. Glad we were part of the good times.

We had alot of good times in the CBC.

No patch pirates allowed.

What ever happened to love boat? Is he still kicking?

I think the Lovemaster moved to Michigan or some northern area. That club was one big party for years. Two day weekend tourneys and some ugly hangovers.

Fun to read the old threads like RayL. Beat him like a rented mule. 13 years ago. We are all getting ready for dirt naps.

Boy those 2 days 12 hour tmxs where tough. 7pm to 7am,    

Ringer yep the chatterbait first came out and i was out fishing in So Cal and picked some up.  Camping, drinking and oh dang that stupid blow up doll at one trip.  Love boat was a special character.

I still fish and hunt with Rick.

Maybe Stanley wont find us here in the fishing forum and pee on our parade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ringer said:

Maybe they can make Delw the moderator on this forum. 🙂

At least give us a few more fishing sub topics to post under and he can moderate those!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ringer said:

Maybe they can make Delw the moderator on this forum. 🙂

Haha no thank you! even if it was offered with a Disneyland hack

2 hours ago, deserttacoma84 said:

At least give us a few more fishing sub topics to post under and he can moderate those!

wont do anygood, the thing is you wont get fishing reports  only about a 1/2 % of the people will post reports if that. Was the same way on AZBZ.

look at all the guys who hunt that are on this forum, only a hand full if that post pics or a story and usually its only when they have there kids hunting.

1 hour ago, Delw said:

wont do anygood, the thing is you wont get fishing reports  only about a 1/2 % of the people will post reports if that. Was the same way on AZBZ.

look at all the guys who hunt that are on this forum, only a hand full if that post pics or a story and usually its only when they have there kids hunting.

I assume you know this, but the ridicule you (and others) advocate to be the norm and repeatedly suggest how online forums "should" be is the reason there is only a 1/2 % of reports. 

A lot of people don't have the energy or desire to fend off the wolves, and don't want to wear their thick skin around all the time like you (and others) say they should. 

I'll never forget the AZBZ thread with the guy just trying to thank a stranger for taking a picture of his big Saguaro fish and his wife at the ramp, and how hard he got hammered for just asking if someone out there still had the copy because he lost it or it was never sent. You probably remember and are laughing right now. He probably never posted again.

The internet and world is what it is, and to each their own, but there is a reason reports, this and other websites aren't what they used to be. Even through the BS, CWT is still the best site AZ has, extending out through and beyond the southwest. Heck, it's the only one I care to post on. Carry on 👍🏼

• Like 1

I dont remember that one. I am sure there was more too it. like he said he had a 10lb fish and it was luckly to be 2lbs maybe?

I think your kinda wrong, I knew most of the guys on azbz. these guys did more for people than people know. A good point is that pretty much everyone knew everyone through fishing or tournies. so I might say something to someone or someone say something to someone else an outsider looking at it would think its rude or inappropriate when all it was was 2 guys or a group of guys razzing each other.

One thing I will say is that they didnt put up with BS and would call it out quick and harsh. Very few posts I found bad. I think I only deleted less than 20 posts in the 15+ years it was up. Usually it was because someone posted about someones kid or someones wife.

Some people are just to sensitive. never the less it was fun while it lasted.

I seem to remember at least two tournaments where we all donated and fished to raise money for cops that were shot and killed. Their families were all there and it was sad as heck but we did it. I think we raised around $12000 to go direct to the family and not to the 100 club.  People that get offended easily by internet crap just need to stay off those forums. I will take any of the old AZBZ members as far as giving back and truly liking other men of the same ilk. We are crude, rude and like a good fight but we ain't all bad.

There were great guys on the zone that did great things, guaranteed. I've hung around and still talk to a few regulars, and have seen you personally jump to help people on this forum many times as well, Del. I didn't say anyone was wrong or a bad person.

My post was my observation and a reason I've heard others say as to why they don't post or not as much as like they use to, especially pictures and reports.

Those guys all called me a Homo for the last ten years and it didn't offend me. No I am not a homo. Been married for 52 years to an actual woman. They would have a blast at anyone's expense.

32 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

My post was my observation and a reason I've heard others say as to why they don't post or not as much as like they use to, especially pictures and reports.

Oh yeah forsure. that was mostly a generation thing and the TAKE TAKE TAKE mentality. it happens on alot of forums and pretty much happened around the same time. still happened today. There was a group of people that were the best of the best well at east thought so as well as some others that said that.. also that was one of the Early Cancel culture deals I was talking about. some people didn tlike others who had joined and because of that through a tizzy that if they werent banned or rules were made to change there behavior they wouldn't post. Others felt that way cause they would make a fishing reports and the next day there would be 20-30 boats on there super secret spot usually at Saguaro ie que in the name sag fags. Then there was some that left cause of there jobs were being threatened by people who didnt like what they were saying on the net. Some of these clowns (usually the people who bitched the most) would actually have the odasity (sp) to call and complain to a persons boss of the way the behaved on a forum.

But the funny part of all that, was the guys who bitched and were too cool for school were always on that board 24/7 reading every fishing report they could find when a tourny was coming. and many had other usernames. I heard that alot many times someone would say that on the lake to me.

The zone was a giant Magnet it attracted everybody and very few were able to break away. Bottom line is people created there own drama made for some funny and great posts though.

• Like 1