deserttacoma84

Fishing Forums

Fishing reports in general are hard to find. AZGFD does a terrible job of updating the past few years. I think everyone in the past kinda counted on AZGFD to have updates on most lakes around the state - not the case anymore since they changed the format and only update any given lake once every 6 months or so.  Anyone know of a good source for general fishing reports for smaller lakes streams, etc?

Forums in general have faded in popularity.  Azfly&Tie is another that isn't what it used to be.  This forum is doing better than most.  In fact, it's become my primary source for fishing news.  

There's a lot I'd like to know about the state's fisheries and how they're managed, but AGFD gives fishing low priority. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

All the guys from the zone are on fag book. I don't know what it's called.

Pretty sure i found their page. Its not very good. Alot of meme passing. Not as interested in the fishing reports as I am with looking in classifieds for gear or more technical expierience on a variety of topics...

This gets the occasional fishing gear post, just like backpage. I wonder how people offload their stuff... offer up and fb marktplace seem to be filled with scams.

Too bad delw let it go. 

Fishing Forums were fun back in the day. AZBZ couldnt be beat PERIOD!. others tried it and failed. there wasnt a fishing forum west of the Mississippi better than AZBZ and it was basically just a state website.

The problem with a fishing forum is the old guys are just gone, Older guys meaning guys who like to have a good time and horse around, dont get butthurt at every little thing etc etc.  A Good forum is a Community of people that you may or may not know from all walks of life and bullshit about everything. NO moderation no rules. today most people are selffish, they only come to a forum for one thing and thats to get an easy answer on where to catch fish to hunt ie the good spots with out any work finding them. They want the satisfaction of the kill so to speak with out any work or effort. there is no sharing knowledge so to speak no horsing around. or they come to sell something. It takes participation from everyone to make a good forum doesnt make any difference on what the subjects are. CW is one of the last of the good forums around, hopefully it stays that way.

people just dont want to talk about fishing or hunting it gets old fast and frankly thats whats boring and why so many forums fail aside from rules and moderators.

But people have to participate not just go in and take take take like our society is going right now. Times have changed FGBOOK and  TWTER are what changed it and long with society all for the bad. It created Susans.

I kinda saw what I call the start of the cancel culture many years ago on azbz and a few other fishign and hunting forums. a guy would get butthurt/offended about something someone said online. they would then make a post saying call his sponsors and bitch about him. Cant remember who that was. but the guys sponsor was a friend of mine the guy involved I really didn't know. The sponsor basically told the susans to f'k off. it started getting more and more on alot of forums pretty sad. this is why we cant have nice things anymore.

Miss the good old days for sure. 

• Like 3

I agree. Sad to see. I learned a ton just by asking questions. Never was looking for the spot. Used it for technical boat questions, picking up gear and sharing the stories. All of which i think could be done here, but appreciated greatly what the zone provided.

3 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Why not direct people here and get the fishing forum built up?

because as soon as I posted here... you complained I was giving up your weekend spot, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember the guy with the Legend boat from California that had his own bowling shirt? We skinned and quartered him and he was going to sue Del. Used to be some real characters on the Zone. Good men with thick skin. Hopefully we all haven't died off yet. Way too many pussies in the new world.

• Like 4