Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Little fishing in the White Mountains

Been spending a few days up north, not sure if these pics and video will post up. Artic Grayling, Apache, Browns, and Brookies, and a Cut behind the Brookies. 

• Like 1

Just now, eddielasvegas said:

Very nice.  Me thinks they were delicious, no?

Eddie

Just the Brooks, they were awesome. Everything else was catch and release. 

Couldnt see the vid, but I like that canyon were is that or what creek river is that.

i've lived here since 1982 and never been to the white mountains yet. was thinking this fall I am going to take a drive up there and check it out. every year I say I wanna go even make plans but it falls through,

• Like 1

Darn, the video was a nice Grayling my 8 year old caught on a fly. It’s near the Black river, little honey hole. In a different spot we saw a brown about 22”- 24” in this little pool. I could believe my eyes that such a huge fish would be in a small creek. Next time 😉 and he will be on my wall if caught 

64F23FE0-3BB5-4A32-ADC4-1EB21E06E675.jpeg

no need to tell you were close enough.

grayling would be cool to catch,one that I havent caught on a fly yet. when I was into flyfishing and younger I caught about every american species of trout(except graylin) and salmon(except Alantic Salmon) and every Japanese species of trout and salmon which are the same as American but way bigger(but it was back in the early 70's). The hardest to catch for me was the river run dolly varden (sp) then real golden trout which are tiny but really cool looking trout. There not like the wannabe golden steriod trout they stock everywhere now aday.

I haven't caught apaches now that there legal

4 minutes ago, Delw said:

no need to tell you were close enough.

grayling would be cool to catch,one that I havent caught on a fly yet. when I was into flyfishing and younger I caught about every american species of trout(except graylin) and salmon(except Alantic Salmon) and every Japanese species of trout and salmon which are the same as American but way bigger(but it was back in the early 70's). The hardest to catch for me was the river run dolly varden (sp) then real golden trout which are tiny but really cool looking trout. There not like the wannabe golden steriod trout they stock everywhere now aday.

I haven't caught apaches now that there legal

Very cool! Totally jealous. The brooks I caught were at Big Lake, they are my favorite fish to catch. 

10 hours ago, Vowell said:

Darn, the video was a nice Grayling my 8 year old caught on a fly. It’s near the Black river, little honey hole. In a different spot we saw a brown about 22”- 24” in this little pool. I could believe my eyes that such a huge fish would be in a small creek. Next time 😉 and he will be on my wall if caught 

• Like 1

I saw one that I assume was a brown that was like you are describing over 4th of July weekend up there. When I saw it I thought "carp" until I realized it WAS a trout!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vowell said:

Video worked fine for me. And that is definitely a nice graylng for AZ. I didn't realize they planted them is creeks. The only place I've caught them was Lee Valley, and that was years ago. They were all 1/2 the size of the one you caught, though. The fifth photo down appears to be a native Apache trout.

They also put them in bear canyon in the late 80's. Awesome catch.

• Like 1