bigsky2

Quiet on the Kaibab

7 hours ago, AZbowhntr said:

Great buck.  I have a friend that shot a super tall buck up there this year.

Thank you! Ya there were some great deer available this year thanks to the low success rate of last years late hunt due to snow. 

On 10/6/2020 at 10:33 AM, PJM said:

Nice work - My boys have the late October  12AE tag - I hope the see that guys big brother.

Best of luck to you! 

Nope - I put in my  2 boys  and a friends son on the tag (16, 19 and 21) . They pulled the tag.  I enjoy taking then and the memories we make. 

It wont be quiet for long.  Soon the sharpshooters start shooting all those South Dakota Bison.  We can waste money stocking Kalifornia Buzzards but o no we cant have South Dakota Bison because they are not native.  😷

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThomC said:

It wont be quiet for long.  Soon the sharpshooters start shooting all those South Dakota Bison.  We can waste money stocking Kalifornia Buzzards but o no we cant have South Dakota Bison because they are not native.  😷

The GCNP management plan for Bison that I saw did not call for elimination of bison, just reduction (albeit significant) from current levels. The GCNP is within the historical range of the bison, at the very southern end. But without any predators, there really isn't any other way to reduce herd numbers. This is much better than turning wolves or grizzlies loose up there so that in 20 years someone can make a documentary about how alpha predators are saving the planet.

In terms of the Condors, that's a great success story that highlights the ability of sportsmen to proactively and voluntarily engage in conservation measures. Restoring a critical population of a species on the extreme brink of extinction while maintaining access for hunting, fishing and camping is a success for multiple use management. If it was up to the enviro groups they would use the ESA to lock us out of every acre of public lands in the country. The response from sportsmen has taken that card out of play for them.

• Like 3