Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Time to cross UPS off the list

13 hours ago, lonne said:

Ridiculous.  I can't remember where and what I last shipped but I do remember it being quite unusual that I was asked what was being shipped?  I think it was some equipment for work.  That said, I was caught very off guard.  And so be ready for more bs along these lines.  Absolutely ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

FEDX always asks me what I am shipping.

Yup, it's actually not that uncommon at all to be asked what is being shipped.   Not all places ask all the time, but it's not unusual.

41 minutes ago, stanley said:

Yup, it's actually not that uncommon at all to be asked what is being shipped.   Not all places ask all the time, but it's not unusual.

Unless something has changed, UPS requires the contents to be listed on the form.

I have shipped three rifles through UPS Hub off of Thomas/31 ave without issue. 

There’s a reason to disclose what the contents are. UPS will not ship hazardous materials, they Also won’t Ship human remains, coin or currency. 
it’s also a chance to make sure your shipping the item safely and properly. 
for instance, you’re shipping some of your prize elk meat to your friend in FL and it’s on dry ice by plane. There’s a limit of 5.5 lbs of dry ice allows on aircraft and it must be labeled properly. 
i had a customer overnight a “birthday card” to his friend in Vancouver Canada. 
my store was I am Scottsdale so cost was usually not a concern. A few days later he came in pissed his package was not delivered on time. I researched and Canadian customs was holding it. I also researched and both the sender and receiver were professional gamblers. My guess is the birthday card was actually a bundle of cash. The Canadians were willing to release the envelope to the recipient if he shows up at their office with governement issued ID. I never heard any more. 
you would be amazed at the stuff people want to ship. 
just like any other retailer some are really good and some are bumbling idiots. 

• Like 1

I sold some mags and handguard via UPS Store, same thing, the owner/mangers son talked to me and said its a new UPS Stores policy which he said made no sense. Said that per policy handguards, scopes, mags, etc.. all parts are dangerous gun parts that can be made into a gun. I said so what part of a paper box, hand guard and magazine is going to kill you other than if I clubbed you, he cracked up laughing and said he do it, but next time, call them machine parts, auto parts, anything but gun related.

14 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I just shipped a whole, assembled firearm via  UPS, no problems.  

From a ups store or hub? My SV store won't ship firearms but I can from the ups hub down the road.  Had to ship overnight though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

From a ups store or hub? My SV store won't ship firearms but I can from the ups hub down the road.  Had to ship overnight though

from an independent packaging store.  had to go to an ffl, of course.  it did cost a fortune, however.  it did have to be overnight.  

• Like 1

Yeah, UPS Stores are franchised and have greater restrictions regarding firearms than UPS hubs. When I shipped firearm "parts", they were called machined parts when I used those particular stores.