Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LifeFeedsOnLife

Mormon Lake Question

Recommended Posts

It's been a while since I've been into that little Mormon lake town or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone know if there's a gas station there? I'll be hunting elk up that way and at times it may be the closest settlement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a gas station at Mormon Lake, although their pumps are not open unless the store is, usually during regular business hours.  They were open during the youth hunt last October, not sure how far into the year they stay open after October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LifeFeedsOnLife said:

It's been a while since I've been into that little Mormon lake town or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone know if there's a gas station there? I'll be hunting elk up that way and at times it may be the closest settlement. 

https://www.flagstaffarizona.org/directory/mormon-lake-lodge-rv-parks-campground/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t little Mormon lake by showlow?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re hunting N of Mormon lake Flagstaff is close. South of Mormon lake Clints Well has gas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I meant the little town by the lake. I'll be in 5B N, I've got a few spots in mind and I know about clints well and flag but I figure mormon lake would potentially be quicker to get to depending where I end up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LifeFeedsOnLife said:

Yeah I meant the little town by the lake. I'll be in 5B N, I've got a few spots in mind and I know about clints well and flag but I figure mormon lake would potentially be quicker to get to depending where I end up. 

If you're hunting the area west of Mormon Lake, I believe there's a decent FS road (#240??) that goes across to Mund's Park. as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

If you're hunting the area west of Mormon Lake, I believe there's a decent FS road (#240??) that goes across to Mund's Park. as well. 

I'll be east but using Google street view it looks like there's a couple pumps. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they have a few pumps.  Thinking you only pay during business hours though.  About 20-25 minutes or so and you can get to munds park on forest service road 240. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×