Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Mountain house scam

Recommended Posts

You guys should look at peak refuel. Hunter owned company and a lot better ingredients than MH. You can look up videos of guys doing comparisons on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was managing a sporting goods dept. for J.C. Penny in the early 1970s, we took on a line of freeze dried foods. I'm not positive, but I believe it was MH. I tried one entre --maybe beef w/gravy -- and the vanilla ice cream; that was enough for me. 🤮  I would prefer Spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cactusjack said:

I get it.  They changed the packaging but didn't change the description/marketing info.  If you plan your trip based off of a certain amount of weight/space/quantity of food per package and they ship you something different, I get being disappointed. Eating  2 servings out of one bag would make for an awkward dinner with your hunting buddy.   

On the web site MH claims the food is still vacuum packed.  The new packaging doesn't look that way, but I'm thinking the two servings in the master pack are vacuum packed and separate. So end result, it's no different than before at $5 a serving in a double wrap. Of course, it would take opening a package to find out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

When I was managing a sporting goods dept. for J.C. Penny in the early 1970s, we took on a line of freeze dried foods. I'm not positive, but I believe it was MH. I tried one entre --maybe beef w/gravy -- and the vanilla ice cream; that was enough for me. 🤮  I would prefer Spam.

And to think at one time JC Penny had a sporting goods department......................this thread has been pretty funny honestly............we are what we eat and sometimes it just doesn't come out in the end the way we want it too................I am impressed with that shelf full of MH buckets of meals.......you know we'll be knocking when times get tough!!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had both the single serving and the double. I always find a way to eat the double though the single serving would have been plenty.   The only difference is the amount of food in the bag and the vacuum packaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

When I was managing a sporting goods dept. for J.C. Penny in the early 1970s, we took on a line of freeze dried foods. I'm not positive, but I believe it was MH. I tried one entre --maybe beef w/gravy -- and the vanilla ice cream; that was enough for me. 🤮  I would prefer Spam.

You should try it again. It’s pretty good stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the difference between the Pro-Pak® and Standard Adventure Meal™ Pouches?

We’ve reformulated and repackaged our 2020 Pro-Pak® line to align with military specifications for Meals Cold Weather (MCW). Our new Pro-Paks contain one serving, have higher protein, and focused calories than our Standard Adventure Meal™ Pouches. These Pro-Paks can be identified by a red Pro-Pak® badge on the front of the pouch and have the same 30-year shelf life from date of manufacture as Adventure Meal™ pouches, with the exception of ice cream products.

 

Previous to this, the difference between our Pro-Paks and Standard Adventure Meal™ Pouches were that Pro-Paks generally held slightly less food, but this varied from recipe to recipe. These older Pro-Paks® were also vacuum packed to prevent expansion at high altitude and to be as compact as possible. Our previous vacuum sealed Pro-Paks also had a 30-year shelf life from date of manufacture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

What is the difference between the Pro-Pak® and Standard Adventure Meal™ Pouches?

We’ve reformulated and repackaged our 2020 Pro-Pak® line to align with military specifications for Meals Cold Weather (MCW). Our new Pro-Paks contain one serving, have higher protein, and focused calories than our Standard Adventure Meal™ Pouches. These Pro-Paks can be identified by a red Pro-Pak® badge on the front of the pouch and have the same 30-year shelf life from date of manufacture as Adventure Meal™ pouches, with the exception of ice cream products.

Well that sorta shoots my thinking all to heck. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

And to think at one time JC Penny had a sporting goods department....................

Tower Plaza at 32nd St & Thomas. Took a $500K dept. to over $1mil in two years, and that was after they dumped handguns. I greatly expanded the long guns by bringing in Sako, Ruger, Charles Daly, Browning and Weartherby. Also added a reloading section -- the only one in the country within a Penny's store. I later did the same at the Woolco store at Cave Creek & T-Bird, which I set up from scratch. The days of the $49 10/22 and $99 M94. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

You should try it again. It’s pretty good stuff. 

No need at this point of my life. Much prefer a filet mignon, small lobster tail, some fries and an ear of fresh corn, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 pages on MH food, hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, n2horns said:

3 pages on MH food, hmmmm

And no ones been able to take a crap yet ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×