NitroAZ

Rage Broadheads

I'm thinking of switching back over to a mechanical head and was considering using a Rage 2 or 3 blade. What has been the consensus on these broadheads?

You will get mixed reviews on the rage head but I have harvested 2 javelina with the 2 blade model and my dad has harvested 1 javelina and everytime it left great blood trails for the 30 yards or less they covered! The fly like your field tips, like a mechanical should! I highly recomend them for deer and pig, but if you are going for elk make sure you have enough KE for that large of a cutting diameter.

I'm not sure how many reviews you will get, this has kinda been kicked around a lot on here.

I carried them on my Javelina hunt in Jan. but dang those pigs whooped up on me. All I could find was two piggies and couldnt get on the so I have no field experience. They shot well, but Wac'ems flew better for me.

I am thinking about trying them out as well. My opinion is SHOT PLACEMENT is key to ANY sucess with ALL broadheads. As long as the broadhead hits the vitals, just my .02

Great heads! They fly great and do plenty of damage. Yes younghunter even out of a Hoyt! :P

I used a three blade rage on a pig in January. The damage to the pig was incredible! I could see a large cloud of blood spray out from the far side of the pig, and he dropped in 10 yards. The exit wound was the size of my fist. I plan to use a two blade rage on coues in August.

Mark

Snuffer...one hick of a nice deer. Congrats to your boy and what a hole that rage left.

I shot one in my broadhead target this last summer and it fell apart. I took them right back to SWH. Maybe I should give them another try. :unsure:

TJ

I agree shot placement is key.. I was more interested in how well they shoot at high speed in addition how well they hold up. Sounds like they work well on fair skin animals, but maybe not so well on bigger critters. This particular setup is going to be for bear, maybe I'll just stay with the fixed blade setup.

I had one a 3-bld blow up on me.... I lost one blade and the other two were mangled. the ferrel also busted... I will not use them again...

Jason

I have been looking and reading a lot about these as well. The most consistent themes I have heard are:

1-The 2 blade is a better design than the 3 blade.

2-You should remove most of the foam from your quiver and only leave enough to secure the tip or you may release the O ring ( or use one of the quivers designed for openers. )

3- They leave a big blood trail and 2" of cutting has some advantages (2blade)

This is my armchair quarterback opinion.

I want to carry a few openers for antelope this year. But I have not decided which opener yet.

Good Luck

Snuffer's son Chris turned me onto them last fall after shooting that deer. Shot my bull last year with the 2 blade Rage, he died in mere moments. Killed my big coues this past January with it also and it went less than 150 yards. I'll keep using them.......