Edge

Trump tests positive for Covid-19

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I guess that should prove that mask mandates work.  ND has 650,000 people and I personally know 50 that have had it. No mask mandate and people go out of their way to not wear them.  From the sound of it in AZ you guys hardly know anyone that’s had it.  

I personally don't wear a mask and know very few others in my profession that do.... but if it will make you happy, on Halloween I will wear a mask when I go trick or treating

• Like 2

I personally do not know a single person that has had or has the virus.   But my company took it very serious and divided the entire work force into 4 locations.    Crazy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I’ve read a lot that says masks are ineffective?

I agree I’ve seen plenty of that on the web, but it all depends on where you look.  If you look at the infection rates in country’s with strict mask mandates vs country’s without the difference is night and day.  There’s tons of stuff out there that’ll say that they don’t filter particles small enough to catch aerosols and they are true, but they are finding that it’s more droplets then aerosols that are causing it.  Anything over your mouth will catch droplets.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I’ve read a lot that says masks are ineffective?

I got one buddy in SV that got it. His mom gave it to the whole family. Thats the only one i know personally. 

I dont think that masks are neccesarily effective or unaffective, but what i think they actually do is stop people from touching their face.  Most people touch their face more then they think and what i think the mask does is just stop people from doing so.   

• Like 2

I'm sure masks lower the odd's of getting it, but I am still betting the #1 spreader is the AC units/fans and Air systems in business's and homes. in that case a mask aint really going to work as its on your clothes skin hair etc etc

read somewhere I think here that G&F said elk or deer have it also? there outside and dont hang around humans, then another article that said its in the water at the great lakes. if these articles are true masks dont help that much to keep it from spreading.

the media plays doom and gloom with this stuff amongst other things to worry people and cause distress but in most cases to tear down a presidency and other people they dont like. its come to a point to were even scientist those in the KNOW of these things are playing games a group say no a group says yes. so who can you trust???? Absolutely NO one with any authority including docs and nurses. the only thing you can trust is your better Judgement and experience with other sickess's weve encountered over our life and you gotta do whats right for you.

as far as Trump he was bound to get it like everyone else your almost certain to get it but how it affects your body is going to be different then everyone else.

My Daughter is in Ca at Camp pendleton, every time her and her husband ( who is usuallay sick/sniffle )comes to visit(3 times) I get sick that following week , the one time she came by herself I didnt get sick. He's in infantry and with tons of people close quarters all day everyday and works out at gym alot, shes a Helo mechanic and doesnt work close to many people. Shes coming alone this weekend and I cant wait to see her. Even though its in the back of mind mine that I could get the china cough.  Wife does the grocery shopping, our son and I dont do anything but goto work and we all hang at home, I hit the Qt every morning before work. when out in the store I wear a mask, Wife and the kid wear a mask. I have a pretty bad time breathing with a mask on so my trips to the store are pretty dang short. we went out to eat 3 times since this crap started FEB and only a 1/2 dozen times had take out or delivery.  My point about when kids come to the house it was kinda like them being in school before the china cough. we always got a little sniffle here and there with the kids out of the house for the last 1.7 years we dont get sick not even a sniffle.

5 minutes ago, Delw said:

I'm sure masks lower the odd's of getting it, but I am still betting the #1 spreader is the AC units/fans and Air systems in business's and homes. in that case a mask aint really going to work as its on your clothes skin hair etc etc

read somewhere I think here that G&F said elk or deer have it also? there outside and dont hang around humans, then another article that said its in the water at the great lakes. if these articles are true masks dont help that much to keep it from spreading.

the media plays doom and gloom with this stuff amongst other things to worry people and cause distress but in most cases to tear down a presidency and other people they dont like. its come to a point to were even scientist those in the KNOW of these things are playing games a group say no a group says yes. so who can you trust???? Absolutely NO one with any authority including docs and nurses. the only thing you can trust is your better Judgement and experience with other sickess's weve encountered over our life and you gotta do whats right for you.

as far as Trump he was bound to get it like everyone else your almost certain to get it but how it affects your body is going to be different then everyone else.

My Daughter is in Ca at Camp pendleton, every time her and her husband ( who is usuallay sick/sniffle )comes to visit(3 times) I get sick that following week , the one time she came by herself I didnt get sick. He's in infantry and with tons of people close quarters all day everyday and works out at gym alot, shes a Helo mechanic and doesnt work close to many people. Shes coming alone this weekend and I cant wait to see her. Even though its in the back of mind mine that I could get the china cough.  Wife does the grocery shopping, our son and I dont do anything but goto work and we all hang at home, I hit the Qt every morning before work. when out in the store I wear a mask, Wife and the kid wear a mask. I have a pretty bad time breathing with a mask on so my trips to the store are pretty dang short. we went out to eat 3 times since this crap started FEB and only a 1/2 dozen times had take out or delivery.  My point about when kids come to the house it was kinda like them being in school before the china cough. we always got a little sniffle here and there with the kids out of the house for the last 1.7 years we dont get sick not even a sniffle.

Other then being broke one factor of having a bunch of kids is it helps our immune systems! Its all about the silver lining.

I dont know about the hvac theory, seems improbable its that airborne but i dont know. Ive always thought most germs  are carried by touch.  

Live free or die. Almost stepped on 5 ft western diamond back the other day that was hiding behind my trash can.  There is all kinds of stuff out there that can kill you everyday.  heck driving on I-10 is a risk in itself.  You can’t be in lockdown and wear masks in perpetuity.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, longbowpilot said:

Live free or die. Almost stepped on 5 ft western diamond back the other day that was hiding behind my trash can.  There is all kinds of stuff out there that can kill you everyday.  heck driving on I-10 is a risk in itself.  You can’t be in lockdown and wear masks in perpetuity.  

Stepping on a rattler in the alley and typing in your debit card number at the grocery store are two very different scenarios. 

Exactly, live free or die! Government has no right to tell a free man what to wear on his own free time. But im still not convinced masks work. My uncle caught the virus and he was wearing a mask in the place he caught it from. I know 2 more people with the same story.

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Other then being broke one factor of having a bunch of kids is it helps our immune systems! Its all about the silver lining.

I dont know about the hvac theory, seems improbable its that airborne but i dont know. Ive always thought most germs  are carried by touch.  

Kevin kids sure do help the immun system thats for sure we had 30 years of them. Never minded getting a sniffle here or there or even getting the flue. up until I was sitting at the desk one day sicker than crap never felt so sick in my life and was reading a PM via a friend of mine who told me to get to the hospitol cause a mutual friend passed away with the same crap I had. I did and ended up with Phoenomia (sp) in both lungs  that was in may 2007? and it took me till November 2007? till I was able to walk up the boat ramp at lake pleasant. at the time when ever the kids got sick or the wife, I went and spent the nights at the shop until they were fine. That was that chinese pig flu that went around. lots of people got it and it did the same thing chinese Cough does now, however the chinese cough seems to be more contagious. I think its the same contagious wide but we will never really no. causes they made it political.

As far as A/c its pretty simple big a/c units toss alot of air, most commercial systems run the old mesh style filter as the paper ones reduce airflow to much and there more expensive. heres a small example we had A/c put in at the shop 6 cnc machines in it 3 mills 3 lathes. the mills run 10k-12k rpms( had evaps in one bay with the mills) the 1st most I was getting a nasty tastes in my mouth then a few months later constantly blew my nose even thought I wasn't sick or felt sick..  about a month into it I went to change the Ac' filters noticed it was all sticky and semi clogged. the coolant mist was getting sucked up into the filters and then blowing back out the blower side.

now I change filters 3 times a month and add'd a double filter. have one mistbuster and hopefully going to buy 2 more very soon. been much better the last 2 months

On 10/2/2020 at 7:28 AM, Curtis Reed said:

2FF5CCC8-E6B0-480A-9706-F00A33CAD07D.png

And now with mysterious superhuman antibodies, lol.