Roosevelt Mark

Roosevelt report

17 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Art?? It's akin to hunting deer over a pile of corn.

Tony it's all about having the right speed, depth, presentation which is as important as the bait or lure size, action color etc especially when trolling for pelagics as it is deciding to use cowbells verses a panther martin, crickhopper or other lure on our high mountain lakes.

Just now, PRDATR said:

Tony it's all about having the right speed, depth, presentation which is as important as the bait or lure size, action color etc especially when trolling for pelagics as it is deciding to use cowbells verses a panther martin, crickhopper or other lure on our high mountain lakes.

Oh please, don't lecture me on how to fish. I've been doing it for about 70 years now and likely started while you were still soiling your diapers.  And yes, that includes a LOT of trolling over those many years. That's how I know it's about like hunting over bait, which produces the same kind of BS: But you have to carry all that corn or salt, then know where to put it, and then you need to pile it just right...etc., etc. 

Reminds me of a trip my wife and I made to Roosevelt in the mid 60s. I owned a 12' Mirrorcraft at the time with little 5 hp. McCullogh motor on it. We were fishing with plastic worms off the points. The catching was a bit slow, so Ellen decided to read her book. But she left her worm to trail behind the boat. Over the next hour and through no fault of her own, she hooked three fish -- each, when I fired up the motor to move.  She never let me forget her 'expertise' at worming that day.

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

compares trolling to shooting deer over corn, posts pics of mexico lake bass...

As I told what's his name, I've been fishing and catching for decades..here's a sample from ARIZONA from early 1970s. All (maybe 6 or 7) except one were caught by me using a white spinnerbait in the brush. I have some other AZ pix on my older computer that went belly up two months ago.

Kids5.thumb.jpg.cc5763be57f7ac7e21e1df605d823bb1.jpg

Pay to fish private trout lakes, no pressure bass lakes. 

That’s  a great pic, I’m sure nobody here has ever caught four 2.5lb bass at rosey in 1 day before. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

In this thread, Tony opens his mouth and inserts his foot. 

Aaah, but that's mucho better than the stuff you put in your mouth and elsewhere....

Still waiting...post 'em up. 

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

In this thread, Tony opens his mouth and inserts his foot. 

Kinda reminds me of Bill Warmen "NEVER DOUBT ME"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Aaah, but that's mucho better than the stuff you put in your mouth and elsewhere....

Still waiting...post 'em up. 

You think I need to prove something to a private lake, “look at me” fisherman like you? 😂

But you keep serving me these softballs and I’m gonna keep hitting them

• Like 2