Roosevelt Mark

Roosevelt report

12 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Should I take a pic of My i wall with some derby placks? Just kidding,  I don't have one. 

I fish and just want to put a honest report on this forum with details. If Tony is against trolling in November for crappie,  I won't bother.  Don't matter to me 1 bit. Cheers. 

No, you need to go back to my first reply and reread it as written. I said nothing about being "against" trolling.

Go hijack another thread or start your own.

It dosent change the way I feel about hijacking.    

20 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Obviously, you can troll anytime you wish. It doesn't change any of my thoughts about trolling.   

And yes, I've fished with Kurt several times. I've interviewed Art but not Leroy. Is Art still kicking???

And before you ask, we never trolled, just plain ol' jigging Berkley Power Grubs.  This one wound up as a cover from 'researching' with Rambo for "Crappie 101" article....

cappie.png.efbcf6603e4611e4d9cf337f42ac0a5e.png

23 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Art?? It's akin to hunting deer over a pile of corn.

So I shoud not be trolling for suspended crappie in November?   Might be a little more involved than you think, but you should know that.

You never did a story on Art Chamberlain,  LeRoy Price or Rambo?  They were the crappie kings of Roosevelt 

So how is the fishing lol...  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok, I tried to go out the last 2 days but I'm a wimp fishermen.  It's been very windy so I didn't go out. Rumors are that Art got 9 crappie on Monday and 16 or 17 on Wed.  TROLLING jigs and minows. Just a rumor in the hood so I can't validate.  Cheers.

• Like 1

Went out wednesday afternoon for 2 hours and boated 13 bass,Thursday afternoon boated 12 bass 1 yellow and 1 crappie. Casting in the schools of shad and fish I located on the graphs. 12 to 15 feet down in 24 to 34 feet of water. 2 inch wiggle wart craw color crank bait. Not far from grapevine. They want a pause in the retrieve.  Cheers...

• Like 1

Went to Indian point Thursday and my brother really wanted to go up the Tonto end so I can confirm there are no fish up river.  Sure is pretty though and I've never been up that far. Caught some on cranks and worms back in the main lake late evening. Some guys at the ramp caught about 20 on spoons off a point in about 25' when a school went by. Other guys almost went back out in the dark as they whacking them on jigs right by the ramp at last light. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

Went to Indian point Thursday and my brother really wanted to go up the Tonto end so I can confirm there are no fish up river.  Sure is pretty though and I've never been up that far. Caught some on cranks and worms back in the main lake late evening. Some guys at the ramp caught about 20 on spoons off a point in about 25' when a school went by. Other guys almost went back out in the dark as they whacking them on jigs right by the ramp at last light. 

About 2 weeks ago I graphed alot of fish off big points, I think I cought 6 or 7 nice crappie.  This week the shad had moved in the mouth and backs of the big coves (grapevine ). No telling where they will go in the next few days before I get out again.

I have always said Rosey is a sluut, love you today and leave you tomorrow.

• Like 3

Fished 4 hours on the 27th, my bait balls are gone at grapevine.  Only cought 1 crappie and 2 bass.

Fished 3 hours today, 28th north of windy hill. 2 nice crappie and 2 bass. 64 deg water. No sign of big shad schols Wich is key.

Back out probably Thursday/Friday with dad. 

Dang nice out tho.

• Like 1