Roosevelt Mark

Roosevelt report

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You think I need to prove something to a private lake, “look at me” fisherman like you? 😂

But you keep serving me these softballs and I’m gonna keep hitting them

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date. 

john.thumb.jpg.70dfbd3ea5ccff86fc4f071d7c3611d1.jpg

1 minute ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date. 

tony, teachers teach. Go write a book, you got in over your head this morning. Try again tomorrow 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

tony, teachers teach. Go write a book, you got in over your head this morning. Try again tomorrow 

Nah. It's always fun sparring with those with no brains....

freemanstupid.thumb.jpg.4444cd6066815b531353c4a32a555237.jpg

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Art?? It's akin to hunting deer over a pile of corn.

So I shoud not be trolling for suspended crappie in November?   Might be a little more involved than you think, but you should know that.

You never did a story on Art Chamberlain,  LeRoy Price or Rambo?  They were the crappie kings of Roosevelt 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

So I shoud not be trolling for suspended crappie in November?   Might be a little more involved than you think, but you should know that.

You never did a story on Art Chamberlain,  LeRoy Price or Rambo?  They were the crappie kings of Roosevelt 

Obviously, you can troll anytime you wish. It doesn't change any of my thoughts about trolling.   

And yes, I've fished with Kurt several times. I've interviewed Art but not Leroy. Is Art still kicking???

And before you ask, we never trolled, just plain ol' jigging Berkley Power Grubs.  This one wound up as a cover from 'researching' with Rambo for "Crappie 101" article....

cappie.png.efbcf6603e4611e4d9cf337f42ac0a5e.png

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Obviously, you can troll anytime you wish. It doesn't change any of my thoughts about trolling.   

And yes, I've fished with Kurt several times. I've interviewed Art but not Leroy. Is Art still kicking???

And before you ask, we never trolled, just plain ol' jigging Berkley Power Grubs.  This one wound up as a cover from 'researching' with Rambo for "Crappie 101" article....

cappie.png.efbcf6603e4611e4d9cf337f42ac0a5e.png

Yes, they are still kicking. 

Tony i'm with you.  hate trolling.  whether on a sportboat, bass reservoir or trout lake in the mountains.  there is just always something more interesting to be doing.

those names are the guys that used to stop in the bait shop and bullsit with the owner for hours.  remember Roy West?-my hero!

just sayin',

lee

42 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Yes, they are still kicking. 

I know Rambo is still around. I just didn't know about Art. 

I have a neat metal sculpture of a crappie on the wall in my office that Kurt gave me. I don't believe he made it, though. 

29 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

Tony i'm with you.  hate trolling.  whether on a sportboat, bass reservoir or trout lake in the mountains.  there is just always something more interesting to be doing.

those names are the guys that used to stop in the bait shop and bullsit with the owner for hours.  remember Roy West?-my hero!

just sayin',

lee

Used to troll quite a bit when my kids were growing up and weren't real good with the casting techniques. It's also a good way to keep a lure in the pond while eating lunch. The most boring trolling is using a down-rigger as I did for lake trout at a DIY lodge in the Yukon one time. It was the only way to get an edible lure really deep, like in the 60' range. But I managed to catch a few lakers over 25 lbs. that way. The one on my wall was 34#.

Now, I'm racking my brain trying to remember who Roy West is????? 

mesa luremaker.  'gravel scratcher' spinnerbait among others.  he and Bob Whitaker taught me to night bass fish

lee

ps i think Roy wrote a fishing column for the mesa tribune

39 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

mesa luremaker.  'gravel scratcher' spinnerbait among others.  he and Bob Whitaker taught me to night bass fish

lee

ps i think he wrote a fishing column for the mesa tribune

I didn't know West, but knew Whitaker quite well. I was part of an ethics committee that had to toss him out of the Outdoor Writers Assoc. of American for his poaching conviction many, many years ago. He died about 5 years ago, I think. 

44 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Any photos that weren’t printed on film?

Should I take a pic of My i wall with some derby placks? Just kidding,  I don't have one. 

I fish and just want to put a honest report on this forum with details. If Tony is against trolling in November for crappie,  I won't bother.  Don't matter to me 1 bit. Cheers. 

• Haha 1