Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Leftover Permits

how do you get these tags? you mail in application? how is that first come first serve? someone enlighten me. I got drawn -34a- but itd be cool if my partner who's going with had a tag too. thanks

Man look at all that opportunity, I am surprised that AZGFD calls them leftover tags, because once these are claimed the AZGFD says all the tags were used, and there is still demand so now they will eliminate 5 more Dec. tags to create more opportunity which is 150 oct. or early nov. tags since there were no LEFTOVER tags.

It is first come first serve and there will be a date that they will not accept Apps. prior to, once you get that just mail int the app and you will have a good shot at a tag.

Man look at all that opportunity, I am surprised that AZGFD calls them leftover tags, because once these are claimed the AZGFD says all the tags were used, and there is still demand so now they will eliminate 5 more Dec. tags to create more opportunity which is 150 oct. or early nov. tags since there were no LEFTOVER tags.

It is first come first serve and there will be a date that they will not accept Apps. prior to, once you get that just mail int the app and you will have a good shot at a tag.

That's a friggen joke. There are 1,000's of leftovers. I thought people were sick of not getting drawn and were ready to accept any tag they could get?

Wow havent seen that many lefover deer tags in years. Guess no one wants any opportunity?

Honestly guys, I think its a couple of things. I loved going fall turkey hunting on the kaibab. It went from a tag I could get every year to one that would be every other year, now they have a hard time giving them all away. I know my last two trips on the kaibab for turkeys ran me about $700. I am thinking with the economy the way it is and fuel prices the way they are that enters into the picture.

The southern deer units, are two things I think, fuel costs and concern for peoples well being. Its pretty common place to see UDI's down there on your hunts. I have friends who's wifes have put pressure on them not to do those hunts.

The JR's Javelina thing was just stupid. If G & F was smart they would give additional JR's the first week of first-come, first serve and than open those tags up to everyone after that.

Honestly, I had those tags the last two years and with the heat, the pigs are just not that active during the day and we have had very limited luck seeing them. Hunt the same area in the spring and you will see a herd a day, Take Care, JLG.

So can someone who tagged out in January put in for a left over tag?

Nope

Yes, you can apply for the tag and you can hunt, but if you kill, you are over the bag limit and therefore subject to arrest.

kinda like going to Cabela's and buying bear bait. It's legal to have, but not to use.

yup, i'm with you on this one Backcountry. it was a stupid idea to make them all juniors only.

Wade

Can you drop off your apps at the local office on Aug 11 or do they have to go through the mail?

I believe it's through the mail only.

......... I don't know it sells itself?