Muzzleloader Madness

Hey Elk hunting crew,

So I am super pumped up! Headed up north to hunt with The TLO Outfitters crew on a late muzzleloader tag.

I have been fortunate enough to draw a tag. Bummer to the story is my Dad can’t make it with me. He has been struggling with health issues. Send some prayer his way if you read this. I have been encouraged to go  despite him not being able to make it.

I will keep this thread going with more information as we get closer to opening day.

• Like 10

I had some obligations in town so I barely made up to my hunt today.
Once I arrived I had some work items to take care of as well.

Now that that’s all taken care of I decided to take a drive around the unit to see what was going on. First off as you guys know it dry up here. No monsoon has left tanks dry and grass short.  Finally got out of the truck and walked down to a small cut and glasses up some elk.

Got on one small group of elk with a small spike. Not quite ready for a meat bull yet.

0EA66552-6A1D-4180-A370-57E3FF6C134A.jpeg

Edited by 206
Rotate picture
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:59 PM, 218buck said:

Good luck

I had some obligations in town so I barely made up to my hunt today.
Once I arrived I had some work items to take care of as well.

Now that that’s all taken care of I decided to take a drive around the unit to see what was going on. First off as you guys know it dry up here. No monsoon has left tanks dry and grass short.  Finally got out of the truck and walked down to a small cut and glasses up some elk.

Got on one small group of elk with a small spike. Not quite ready for a meat bull yet.

Update—-

went in to a location looking for bulls first light and did not see them where they had been a before.

Checked a tank and saw fresh tracks so we followed down a draw but nothing panned out.

we did find a good area to glass so we moved in. As soon as we got setup we noticed a fresh kill.

cool thing about he kill was it had 5 bald eagles on it. Crazy I have never seen that many in one spot.

so lots of eagles not elk.

Saw a few cows today and a lot more hunters. Trying a new area tomorrow. Hunting is just that hunting.

1 hour ago, az300wby said:

So did you get one or did you cut yourself?  

Bad JU JU posting blood before finding ....lol....said it to myself in september! hopefully he had found it.