Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Wait till the anti's see this

Gets interesting around 21:00 in.

• Like 3

pretty cool. problem with youtube yote and hog killing is I click on the next one then the next one etc etc. 1-4 hours later I forget why I was on the pc in the 1st place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I like it 

Pretty cool considering the destruction the hogs wrought. Was wondering how they'd get the collars on...no thanks.

Seems counter productive that you would catch it, collar it, and release it ...  I understand they are pretty hard to hunt outside of using feeders and that those huge traps are the way to go.  This just seems like an elaborate money making venture.  Although, I do recall of some unethical types putting a bobber on a crappie and releasing it so they could keep track of the group of crappie.  I can hear the guide: "don't shoot the collared one and especially not the collar"!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 5:58 AM, Big Tub said:

Seems counter productive that you would catch it, collar it, and release it ...  I understand they are pretty hard to hunt outside of using feeders and that those huge traps are the way to go.  This just seems like an elaborate money making venture.  Although, I do recall of some unethical types putting a bobber on a crappie and releasing it so they could keep track of the group of crappie.  I can hear the guide: "don't shoot the collared one and especially not the collar"!

I thought the same thing when I watched it. If the intended end result is getting rid of the hogs, just trap and shoot them in the head with a .22. 

As for the bobber deal, it works. I knew a guy in the 1970s that used that trick very successfully on Lake Pleasant's white bass. 

Back when I wasted time golfing I was on a course in San Antonio TX and was astounded that the course would do major construction on the course and still be open, it looked like tractors had torn up the course, nope, hogs.  They started trapping them and shooting them in the traps until the local humane group stated making noise.  Tons of damage those things cause.

12 hours ago, Big Tub said:

Although, I do recall of some unethical types putting a bobber on a crappie and releasing it so they could keep track of the group of crappie.

There was nothing "unethical" about it. st

On 12/10/2020 at 7:45 AM, Outdoor Writer said:

I thought the same thing when I watched it. If the intended end result is getting rid of the hogs, just trap and shoot them in the head with a .22. 

As for the bobber deal, it works. I knew a guy in the 1970s that used that trick very successfully on Lake Pleasant's white bass. 

It works on crappie at bartlett as well at yellow cliffs area so I’ve been told 

• Like 1

I'm glad I saw this thread. Ethics aside, that's personal, my question - is the bobber thing legal in AZ?

I was discussing this recently with a buddy. We were thinking little balloons instead of bobbers though. 

2 hours ago, U.T.A.H. Camp said:

I'm glad I saw this thread. Ethics aside, that's personal, my question - is the bobber thing legal in AZ?

I was discussing this recently with a buddy. We were thinking little balloons instead of bobbers though. 

Should work! The only time I ever tried it was at San Carlos in the early 80’s. Caught our first crappie and tied a bobber on, watched where it went and fished over it for maybe an hour with no bites. Seems the crappie went into a tree and escaped, leaving my bobber stuck. Pretty funny at the time, still think it’s a good idea😀

• Like 1