loboscout

CW Long Range Meet Up: January 30, 2021

On 2/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, trphyhntr said:

Who did the best shooting 

Mark Bean with his .375 Cheytac was pretty impressive. But I thought most everyone shot well. 

• Like 1

It was crazy how long that fog lasted, nearly 2.5 hours from when we arrived.

As far as I know???, because Randy and I left around 1:30, and guys stayed there afterwards, no contests had commenced. We were just all playing and moving around both to see and to engage all the steel.

None of the steel was hard to hit as these were generously sized. The problem was mostly "seeing" where you missed in order to enable a correction, which is a common problem when shooting long range. 

On 2/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, Steve123 said:

The problem was mostly "seeing" where you missed in order to enable a correction, which is a common problem when shooting long range. 

Did you have a spotter?

On 2/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, Steve123 said:

On 2/6/2021 at 10:52 AM, PRDATR said:

Did you have a spotter?

There were spotters, but some of the targets were elevated without a backstop. That's a good challenge to face, and takes skill to watch the trace to call the miss. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time in the glass watching misses to learn it, lol.

• Like 1

I apologize to whom ever I switched Midway USA shooting mats with! I just noticed this morning when the sun heated up the rubber. I had removed the rubber from mine. We can trade back at the next shoot.

• Like 1

Was thinking about maybe an early May date for some shooting up north where it will be cooler. If not then, I am hoping for about the third week in August or thereabouts. September looks to be busy for me. A buddy drew an antelope tag and I will be hunting bear in CO or sitting blinds if we can still OTC archery for deer.

You higher elevation guys, when do the fire bans hit your spots? When is it over? What dates do you think would work?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, loboscout said:

Was thinking about maybe an early May date for some shooting up north where it will be cooler. If not then, I am hoping for about the third week in August or thereabouts. September looks to be busy for me. A buddy drew an antelope tag and I will be hunting bear in CO or sitting blinds if we can still OTC archery for deer.

You higher elevation guys, when do the fire bans hit your spots? When is it over? What dates do you think would work?

I would expect fire bans by early May this year, but you never know. Most years they are in place by Memorial Day at the latest. 

• Like 3