Elkhunter1

2021 starting off with a SWHACK!!!

My brother tagged his pig yesterday and decided to come down and give me a hand.  Five minutes after I sit down to glass Robert wispers....pigs.  the race was on! We needed to move quickly, they didn't want feed where they was. We had two ridges to circle around and climb a third just to re-aquire them. We found them because two started fighting over a Central plant. We backed off to circle around the point to come in below the saddle they was in. Robert stayed back as I cautiously creeped in the last 80 yards. 
By the time I got in close most of the pigs had moved up the opposite side. Two were still demolishing the Century plant, I ranged a big rock close to them, 32 yards....good!
I just need to shift left to shoot through a small opening in a Occotillo. I drew back and the pig turned, facing away. I held back for what seemed like an hour (30 seconds) until he turned back, settled the pin and pulled the trigger....Swhack....crack! The pig stood there a few seconds then took off. Robert catches up and we start tracking. 20 yards past the where the pig was standing is my arrow that sliced right through an Occotillo.  A little more tracking and 60 yards later....dead pig.

Screenshot_20210102-191610_Instagram.jpg

20210102_091707.jpg

20210102_192615.jpg

20210102_093815.jpg

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Holy stabilizer

I made this one out of carbon fiber, it is extendable.

8 hours ago, Elkhunter1 said:

I made this one out of carbon fiber, it is extendable.

Looks like you made a few things...😂____ Congrats boys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr September said:

How are the numbers this year?

That herd was 8 and a second herd was also 8, pretty standard size herds for the area. Overall I think the numbers are equal to last year.