Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

Antelope Shed

I am up helping a friend archery hunt in 19A and I made a long walk today and found an Antelope shed. I have never found one before and was wondering if anyone else finds them frequently. I will post some pics when I get back this weekend.

Ya that's way cool. Severaly years ago Dad and I were trailing a small lion across Mud Tank Flats here in 6a and I found one. Pretty nice one too but forgot it in the back of the truck and one of the hounds ate it before I remembered to get it out of there. HAHAHAHAHA!!

I find them quite often. They dont last long in the field since there made of hair instead of the more bone like structure of antlers. Cool tho post a pic.

Here's a crappy pic of one I found just a couple days ago. I've found a few over the years but never anything very big. I think once they fall off they shrink up like a rasin.

Often times in about November the antelope will group up in big herds and spend days in the same field or pasture. If you look in those areas you'll have better luck finding them.

post-25-1218120707_thumb.jpg

Here's a crappy pic of one I found just a couple days ago. I've found a few over the years but never anything very big. I think once they fall off they shrink up like a rasin.

Often times in about November the antelope will group up in big herds and spend days in the same field or pasture. If you look in those areas you'll have better luck finding them.

post-25-1218120707_thumb.jpg

Thnks for the pic

My huntin' partner finds them all the time on the Ranch when they are our riding. He gave me a dandy he found a few years back. They had a name for this buck, but I forgot it now. A few on here might remember this buck wondering around in 19A a few years back...... he is on someones wall now.

post-996-1218313725.jpg

post-996-1218313766.jpg

Here are some pictures of the one I found this weekend.

Ant2.jpg

Ant1.jpg

Nothing too big but I have found a few over the years. They are pretty stinky when they fall off so personaly I think the coyotes eat most of them...thats why they are hard to find

BIGANTELOPE.jpg