Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mspar

Account hacked

Recommended Posts

Apparently my account was hacked. Had to reregister and all my history is gone. Any way I can get it back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They hack your account then use your history to gain the trust of other members and scam them. This is happening on rokslide also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mspar said:

Apparently my account was hacked. Had to reregister and all my history is gone. Any way I can get it back?

Why do you think your account was hacked? what was your old username?

why on earth would anyone hack a forum account whats there to gain besides absolutely nothing.

Been on/owned forums from the beginning of time hundreds of thousands of members never seen a account hacked. other than a friend messing with someone cause they left there pc logged in,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Delw said:

Why do you think your account was hacked? what was your old username?

why on earth would anyone hack a forum account whats there to gain besides absolutely nothing.

Been on/owned forums from the beginning of time hundreds of thousands of members never seen a account hacked. other than a friend messing with someone cause they left there pc logged in,

Ask .270

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Delw said:

Why do you think your account was hacked? what was your old username?

why on earth would anyone hack a forum account whats there to gain besides absolutely nothing.

Been on/owned forums from the beginning of time hundreds of thousands of members never seen a account hacked. other than a friend messing with someone cause they left there pc logged in,

nothing to gain?  It's been too long since you owned your website.  They hack verified members with good reputations to get easy access to $$$.  Think about it, if Amanda was selling you something on here and said send me money, I doubt you'd hesitate.  Now if it was a guys fist post, you tell him to go back to fgbook or something.  They hack members accounts to gain your trust on their reputation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

nothing to gain?  It's been too long since you owned your website.  They hack verified members with good reputations to get easy access to $$$.  Think about it, if Amanda was selling you something on here and said send me money, I doubt you'd hesitate.  Now if it was a guys fist post, you tell him to go back to fgbook or something.  They hack members accounts to gain your trust on their reputation.

I have my doubts. more than likely a friend got his password and is f'n with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Yes, it is happening.   Lame!!

 

stanley

who were the user names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Delw said:

stanley

who were the user names?

I don't have them all right here at my fingertips.  Tried to get in touch with the user name owners offline.

Had you been impacted or involved in it, you definitely would have known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delw said:

Why do you think your account was hacked? what was your old username?

why on earth would anyone hack a forum account whats there to gain besides absolutely nothing.

Been on/owned forums from the beginning of time hundreds of thousands of members never seen a account hacked. other than a friend messing with someone cause they left there pc logged in,

Lark is the only person I know who has been hacked. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stanley said:

I don't have them all right here at my fingertips.  Tried to get in touch with the user name owners offline.

Had you been impacted or involved in it, you definitely would have known.

Stanley

Only way to really "HACK" A username is that user has a key logger on his pc and is on other websites (usually porn websites) with the same password and or email. other than that someone has the admin/mods passwords because they have key loggers or something similar on there pcs. then the hacker goes in and changes accounts of users.

we have had admins get hacked, due to modifications on templates in the forum which left security issues open in the database, but never seen them after a user.

now some guys just have easy passwords to guess, we have had that happen were a user would guess someones pw and mess with them.

The forsale section if alot of activity does attract a ton of people that mainly spam a forum, that and people hyperlinking website sites that sell stuff, Ive noticed more spam on this forum in the last 2 years then ever before hence the foresale section tripled in size in that time.

we had a numbnut on azbasszone that constantly posted stupid crap from a fishing website that was nothing more than cheap Chinese/ Indian crap with in a month we had a ton of spam and was that way for a long time till I figured it out. once those hyperlink posts were deleted it slowed down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just happened to me on longrangehunting. Someone used my account to drop the price of the Binos I was selling and made $750 off a guy. He used my long term membership to get the trust of someone to fork over funds. Luckily I talked to the user that got scammed and he contacted the administrator to lock my account! I just changed all my passwords on all forums after that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, desertmafia21 said:

This just happened to me on longrangehunting. Someone used my account to drop the price of the Binos I was selling and made $750 off a guy. He used my long term membership to get the trust of someone to fork over funds. Luckily I talked to the user that got scammed and he contacted the administrator to lock my account! I just changed all my passwords on all forums after that

do you use the same pw and email here? if so change the pw here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email is the same but password was different

4 minutes ago, Delw said:

do you use the same pw and email here? if so change the pw here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×