Big Browns

I'm tired of being fat & out of shape

I'm sick and tired of feeling fat and out of shape. I'm going to start jogging for about 30 minutes every night at 6:30. If anyone wants to join me feel free to contact me.

I'm located in Queen Creek

Thanks,

Adam

• Like 3

Good for you. I started going with my daughter this week in the mornings. She holds back for about the first mile but then starts pulling away. Good for her, but I aint happy about my deterioration.

i was in the same position until i found out i got drawn for a physically demanding late bull hunt. I changed my diet to the Ketogenic diet (thanks Joe Rogan) and it honestly has been life changing so far. With the diet and regular gym time, i went from an out of shape 6'4" 250lbs to 230lbs while losing 10%+ body fat and packing on a lot of muscle in about 3 months time. the diet is low carb/moderate protein/insanely high fat basically. converts your body from running on glucose (sugar) to running on fat. a LOT of high performance athletes are doing it now. I feel better than i have in years and it's really easy to stick with. lots of butter, oil, meats and vegetables.

• Like 5

Adam I sent you a pm.

i was in the same position until i found out i got drawn for a physically demanding late bull hunt. I changed my diet to the Ketogenic diet (thanks Joe Rogan) and it honestly has been life changing so far. With the diet and regular gym time, i went from an out of shape 6'4" 250lbs to 230lbs while losing 10%+ body fat and packing on a lot of muscle in about 3 months time. the diet is low carb/moderate protein/insanely high fat basically. converts your body from running on glucose (sugar) to running on fat. a LOT of high performance athletes are doing it now. I feel better than i have in years and it's really easy to stick with. lots of butter, oil, meats and vegetables.

Same here

Keto is the way to go, IMO. Never hungry.

I went from 38" to 34" pants and XXL to L shirts in 8 months.

Just had blood work done two weeks ago and all is normal. Including Cholesterol and thyroid.

Much fat

Less Carbs

Moderate Protien

This book is the best at explaining it. Its real science, not bro-science you see everywhere on Youtube and elsewhere.

I have a copy if someone wants to borrow it.

http://www.artandscienceoflowcarb.com/the-art-and-science-of-low-carbohydrate-performance/

• Like 3

I hust picked up a Mt bike.. I had a hard time staying excited about running.. so far the mt bike is a much more exciting way to burn some calories if im not scouting or hunting.

• Like 4

my diet is pretty simple really. sometimes i pack a lunch to work, sometimes i don't. the thing i like, is i am rarely hungry. some days i have to force myself to eat. most diets, you are starving every day. i also eat more venison than anything, which i have done since birth

Breakfast- work days, Coffee with butter and MCT oil in it. sounds terrible, tastes delicious and keeps you rockin until lunch time. weekend i like lots of eggs with lots of pork and cheese

Snacks- Almond butter, cheese, jerky, nuts, etc. i keep a bag of mixed nuts and jar of almond butter at my desk.

Lunch- salads with lots of meat and certain dressings that don't have lots of carbs. no crutons. Lettuce wrapped cheese burgers are also awesome and almost all fast food joints will sell them that was. i prefer in-n-out and carl's junior. leftovers from dinner if i have them

Dinner- low carb. any kind of meat and some veggies. this week i've had meatloaf, chicken pesto covered in cheese, bowls of pork red chili loaded up with cheese and sour cream.

Really, just don't eat starchy veggies like corn, potatoes, etc. and stay away from bread, pasta, rice, grains, beans. Whatever you eat, load that shlt up with butter, coconut oil, olive oil or referably MCT oil. the key is to eat double the grams of fat that you do grams of protein and keep your carbs as low as possible. i'm always around 20-50 grams of carbs a day, sometimes even less. if you make a steak, melt GRASS FED butter over the top of it, if you want a bunless burger, load it up with bacon and oil or butter and mayo. i usually have a good cheat meal on the weekends and pig out on whatever i feel like i'm missing out on.

My blood sugar and blood pressure was so high before i started the diet, doctors were afraid i was pre-diabetic. my feet and legs were always red and swollen. recent bloodwork has showed all my vitals to be perfect.

• Like 7

I'm feeling fat reading this! Adam I might take you up if you have room for me, maybe a group jog. I'm moving to QC in a few weeks

• Like 1

I'm feeling fat reading this! Adam I might take you up if you have room for me, maybe a group jog. I'm moving to QC in a few weeks

That would be Awesome! Let me know when your available so we can set something up. I can change up my time if that helps. I'm willing to change whatever I need to get togeather with another work out partner. Working out with anther person is a lot more fun than going alone. Plus it's another person to help me stay motivated.

I just ate a piece of carrot cake for a co-workers birth day. Why, Why, Why did I do that. Now I feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

similar to atkins, but different results. atkins is not really a healthy diet. it really crashes your system and you lose as much muscle as fat. Keto makes your body run on fat. After your body resets itself on the Keto diet, your body treats fat kind of how it used to treat sugar. when you eat a fatty meal, you get a rush of energy, like eating a lot of sugar will do, but you do not get the crash due to your insulin levels not constantly peaking and crashing. new studies have also shown some crazy results. Keto diet has been shown to boost cognitive function as well as testosterone levels recently......

Grey Ghost does this joe rogan put out a book?

similar to atkins, but different results. atkins is not really a healthy diet. it really crashes your system and you lose as much muscle as fat. Keto makes your body run on fat. After your body resets itself on the Keto diet, your body treats fat kind of how it used to treat sugar. when you eat a fatty meal, you get a rush of energy, like eating a lot of sugar will do, but you do not get the crash due to your insulin levels not constantly peaking and crashing. new studies have also shown some crazy results. Keto diet has been shown to boost cognitive function as well as testosterone levels recently......

I had a friend with epilepsy and I am pretty sure Keto was the diet his parents put him on to help reduce the number and intensity of episodes... That was over 25 years ago... If it is the same diet it has been around a long time

• Like 1