trphyhntr

Why do they attack your camera?

elk, bears, why do they do it? i put one out and less than 24 hours later broad daylight, a bear wrecked it. it was like tucked into a tree he went out of his way to get it. it didnt have salt reminents on it or nothing just covered in my scent. does the camera make a noise? i never noticed

Same reason people do. Cause they dont want their f*#@in picture taken.

• Like 7

Bears destroy them because they are assh0les. I like to relate bears to unruly fat kids. They like to destroy things for no apparent reason.

• Like 11

Bears destroy them because they are assh0les. I like to relate bears to unruly fat kids. They like to destroy things for no apparent reason.

I started laughing while I was on the phone with a client. I couldn't stop when I imagined her irrationally breaking things out of frustration.

Here is some info for you from another thread!..:

I remember reading or being told that certain electrical components give off an odor very much like an ant hill. Bears do feed on ants ( ever seen a torn up old log) Same reason they tear up appliances when they break/ get into camps. Is food short in the woods with this drought? Seems to be a good acorn crop here but perhaps it's not the same everywhere. No rain means little or no apples , same for blueberries. Food shortage could be the reason everybody's baits are getting hit so well......

Bears and elk are highly insulted by the invasion of privacy we offer them!

In other words.........they do not like to get caught with their pants down!!!

Checked some cams this weekend and a bear had climbed about 10 feet into the tree. He ripped my camera out of tree and carried it off about 20 yards.post-8438-0-10081900-1470002233_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

it took three different times over a three month period for him to finally decide to it was time for my camera to go!

post-13372-0-15940000-1470109055_thumb.jpg

post-13372-0-57448800-1470109089_thumb.jpg

post-13372-0-76999400-1470109145_thumb.jpg

post-13372-0-97337300-1470109157_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My camera gets a high five sometimes.

post-12305-0-40814800-1470153499_thumb.jpg

Attacking trees, cameras etc.,I believe it just furthers Grey Ghost's comparison analysis.