Sign in to follow this  
elkhunter

Girlfriend's first big game!

Today my lady was able to get her first big game harvest. Her and I put many days of scouting down and got 3 herds patterned out well. This morning we located the south herd first nearly a mile out, worked our way closer to 180 yards of the herd. Since it was mostly flat with tall grass it took time before we got a shot opportunity. At 164 yards the 223 55 grain Hornady knocked down a pig. Clean pass through as well! After pictures were done and gutting we loaded up the truck and I glassed for another 5 minutes and located the second herd just right before we headed home. She was very excited about this hunt and did well with all the practice shooting and going over scenarios

post-536-0-79675500-1487971443_thumb.jpg

post-536-0-41010500-1487971482_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Great job!!! How is it every other post you send out there is another dead javelina???

Here is some more pictures, took some pics while we were waiting for a shot opportunity. Took bout 25 minutes before we had a shot, Adrienne was just chillin behind the rifle waiting, calm as a duck and I was kinda freaking out cuz it was taking so long!

post-536-0-34069300-1487988379_thumb.jpg

post-536-0-34488200-1487988435_thumb.jpg

post-536-0-91934600-1487988497_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice job, your a pig findin machine. So is the green shirt your lucky pig hunting shirt or something? I'm starting to see a pattern.

Nice job, your a pig findin machine. So is the green shirt your lucky pig hunting shirt or something? I'm starting to see a pattern.

Yes it's the lucky shirt, only works when I wash it the night before a hunt haha

hornady sst, got pass through and exit wound was roughly an inch around, pretty happy with the results, went through vertebrae too, as we were skinning the pig the head just fell off haha.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Adrianne on her first big game. Kudos to you for getting her into hunting. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

TJ