• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 rossislider

rossislider

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

It has been a while since my original post asking for assistance with my son's skull cleaning business (see link to post below). 

http://www.coueswhit...an-your-skulls/

Many of you let him cut his teeth on your skulls and gain experience, offered coaching, tipped him some money for the skull she worked on for you, and even donated supplies. I wanted to thank you all for your help and provide you with an update on his business.

After the original post we reached out to a friend at AZGFD who confirmed that he would need a taxidermy license to charge money for the work he did, so he saved up until he had the required $150 for his license and made it official!

Clean License.png

Since then he has been busy cleaning skulls every weekend and many week nights after school. He already has a nice portfolio of work he has done including 50+ javelina, a couple of bull elk, 10+ Coues bucks (and a dead head doe), a few mule deer, a raccoon, a few coyotes, a small fox, an aoudad, and a couple of turkeys. It has been an interesting experience to say the least, but he has managed to pay back his loan to mom and dad, buy all the equipment he needs, put some money towards this summer's boy scout camp, and even have a little left over for fun. Thus far it has been a great thing for him learning about business, budgeting, responsibility, etc. 

Yesterday he finished up the last of the skulls he had waiting in the freezer. Since he gets out of school next week, he is hoping to find some more work to keep him busy. If any of you have anything sitting in the freezer you've been meaning to get cleaned and whitened, please let us know. He is offering some super discounted off-season summer pricing to keep work coming in and keep him busy.

Coyote, Fox, or similar - $20
Javelina - $30
Deer or Cow Elk - $40
Bull Elk - $50

*If you have something else or something that requires special care let us know and I'll work with him to come up with a quote. We may have access to beetles if you have something extra delicate. 

He would also love for you to follow his business Instagram page a follow at gr8hunterskullz

Some of these pictures are final products, some are post boil/pre-whitening, and various other stages throughout the process.
0324170548c.jpg 0326171019.jpg 0326171633.jpg 0401170713a.jpg 0401170826.jpg 0411172032-1.jpg 0411172032b-1.jpg 0413171653b-1.jpg 0414171648a-2.jpg 0418171909.jpg 0422171210.jpg 0423172017a-1.jpg 0506171330-1.jpg 0516172115.jpg 0422171316.jpg 0401170957a.jpg 0413172009.jpg

#2 creed_az_88

creed_az_88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
That truly is amazing. It's posts like these that let me rest at ease knowing that our world may still have a chance in the future. Keep it up young man. I see a bright future ahead for you.

#3 Edge

Edge

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Hunting, Fishing, Martial Arts and History
I have a Coues head in the freezer needing done. I'm on the west side, how to get it there?

#4 AzDiamondHeat

AzDiamondHeat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

This gets better every time you post.

It was the wind...

#5 el diablo

el diablo

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
That's awesome. He off to a great start and already more responsible than my 19 yr old. Keep it up!

#6 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Awesome... raising him right. Ed F

#7 Flatlander

Flatlander

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Camping, Hunting, Hiking, Hunting, Football
I got a jackalope skull he can do

#8 rossislider

rossislider

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

I have a Coues head in the freezer needing done. I'm on the west side, how to get it there?

We could meet up if you ever get near the airport. Otherwise, I am probably going to start keeping a list of a few westside people to meet up with next time I head out that way.

#9 Big Browns

Big Browns

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fly Fishing, Glassing and spending time with my wife and kids.
Absolutely Amazing!!!!! You should be very proud of your son....

#10 yotebuster

yotebuster

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
This is too cool! Kudos to you and him!! I'm in ND but would gladly ship my stuff down in the future if we can make it work. Nothing in the freezer as of now though.

#11 rossislider

rossislider

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
Also, feel free to shoot him a message via his Instagram page if you have any questions.

#12 wildwoody

wildwoody

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • Interests:hunting , fishing, outdoor sports, and helping others

Keep it up, great young man

#13 rossislider

rossislider

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

So after some discussion with my wife we agreed he was old enough to have an account on here. We signed him up a Gr8hunter04. His account is still pending site admin approval. While he is very mature for his age, he is only 12 so I will keep an eye on him. You keyboard tough guys (you know who you are) try to be nice. ;)

#14 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts

Great job Drysen your results look very professional.

All over Az in the big red truck

#15 Big Browns

Big Browns

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fly Fishing, Glassing and spending time with my wife and kids.
Maybe AMANDA will be nice and gift him a site sponsorship for 1 year until he can make enough to pay for it! It would be really cool to have a 12 year old with his own business as a site sponsor!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users