carpcody

Side x side opinions

I only have experience with my rhino. It is a 2009 and we have beat the CRAP out of it (and has been rolled a few times and had frame supports broken from "impacts"). I can take it anywhere and IT has never let me down. Others have let IT down with poor driving choices though...lol

I don't know if they are bad or good but mine has been a warhorse. I actually drive it like I stole it and it keeps on going....

• Like 2

This will quickly turn into ford chevy dodge

I was kinda hoping it would. Pretty much every thing on the internet is either sponsored or from a specific brand forum so it starts off biased from the beginning. At least this info here should be real world experience. Thanks for all the responses so far.

Go test drive and see what feels comfortable to you. They are all quality machines. We have an 05 ranger and it's been great to us. Upgrading this year just because. Will be a new ranger. Not a fan of the Honda. When the rear seats are up there is zero bed space. Also, anything that spills or leaks in your bed will run down into your back seats. It takes less than an hour to change a belt, not sure how long to rebuild a Honda transmission.

Oh ya. I drive a dodge.

• Like 2

I would really try and get the general. Cochise motorsports in sierra vista has some really good prices out the door. Ask for "DOC" if you do decide that route. You might be suprised.

• Like 1

I would really try and get the general. Cochise motorsports in sierra vista has some really good prices out the door. Ask for "DOC" if you do decide that route. You might be suprised.

We have two 2015 Rangers for work, that we absolutely beat to heck. Both have around 2800-3200 miles in only 8 months. A 570 mid crew 4 seater and a 570 crew 6 seater. Carrying probably way more weight than we should, up and down mountain roads that require 4 low 1st gear in a pickup truck. They are not the fastest machines, but in the 42-46mph range on flat ground. The only thing we have done is maintenance, belts, and tires. We did have 1 bolt break for an A arm, but got it fixed easily with some all-thread and hardware that kept us going for another couple months until we could get it fixed with the correct bolt. They are brutes.

• Like 2

In all honesty you just need to drive each one that you think you might like or want. I can't or wouldnt tell you what to get because like an earlier poster said it will just turn into a pissing match like ford, chevy, dodge etc. Like lance said he has had great luck with rangers. I bought a crew in 13,14, 15. we live in 23 and beat the living crap out of ours. Easily 8-10k miles a year, and replace a ranger once a year. You name it, we had it break or issues with. I serviced diffs, oil, and air every 40 hrs. 70 on the belts. Still had every issue imaginable to man except for blown motor. Last year went different route and bought the first Can am Defender Crew. Absolutely love it. Upgraded to ELKA shocks and thats about it. No mechanical issues, nothing! Night and Day to a ranger. If you want to ride around in one of those in rough country, PM me and ill take you out.

• Like 2

I have a 2014 Ranger 900 XP and have used it a lot. No maintenance except regular oil changes. Top speed of 72mph (that was a little squirrelly). It will go anywhere and always has more than enough power.

Hey shedhunter, how does that can am do loaded down with 4 guys and gear? Still plenty of power? Do you bottom out a bunch like rangers do loaded down? Thanks

No with the upgraded shocks I went with a heavier spring in rear. Set the rebound where I wanted it. The torque compared to a ranger is crazy better. What I love best about it is locking diff.

• Like 1

No with the upgraded shocks I went with a heavier spring in rear. Set the rebound where I wanted it. The torque compared to a ranger is crazy better. What I love best about it is locking diff.

Right on. Can you switch 4x4 on the fly?

I have a 2007 ranger. It's ugly but runs great. Not the most comfortable ride, but that's likely to the original shocks.

I've driven a Rhino at work and it was 110x more agile and comfortable, although it didn't have the power. It was also smaller.