Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Stolen custom rifle

I wonder with the items being stolen how many trucks back windows have....ie... Swarovski, ross outdoors,CWT, or any other sticker hinting that they spend lots of money on their toys. I have big boy toys but I do not advertise the fact on my back window. Can't fix the current situation but food for thought for those who insist on decals and stickers. What does your CWT sticker imply? I have a long distance rifle, I have very expensive optics, I have lots of bells and whistles in my truck.... This won't bring back the rifle or stop thieves from stealing but why advertise with big arrows what's in your truck. .02 from me.

I agree with this 100%. I've had several lengthy discussions with dudes in Facebook that are in the "I've never had an issue" crowd that, even when asked why they carry a sidearm/ccw handgun although they've "never had an issue" they didn't see the light.

This is exactly why everyone with high end equipment needs to contact their insurance and add a "RIDER" to their insurance that includes all the equipment. Most vehicle insurance companies will not cover the cost of the equipment. These extra things don't cost that much, but will save you a bunch of money if this actually happens to you. I'm currently in the process of taking pictures and documenting all my equipment to have added to my homeowners insurance.

• Like 4

This is exactly why everyone with high end equipment needs to contact their insurance and add a "RIDER" to their insurance that includes all the equipment. Most vehicle insurance companies will not cover the cost of the equipment. These extra things don't cost that much, but will save you a bunch of money if this actually happens to you. I'm currently in the process of taking pictures and documenting all my equipment to have added to my homeowners insurance.

Good point. I just emailed my broker this morning to ask him this exact question. Thank you for bringing this up.

I have a rider for my firearms and optics specifically. I keep a detailed list of componenets, and when items switch around, I update the list and let my agent know.

He thinks I am insane.......he is probably partially correct too.

• Like 7

Most insurance companies will only give you $1500 per firearm so if you think your custom rifle is worth more than that which most of them are then you need to get supplemental insurance for them if you wanna be covered and get it totally replaced. Just like lance said and big browns You better have good documentation and proof.

I have Farmer's. I have a fantastic agent. Dennis Smith.

I had Progressive for 10 years and switched to Farmers in February, three months ago they sent me an email that they were raising my rates 9%.

The other thing to think about if you rent. My uncle had a little Datsun Diesel P/U that he used for a work truck. One winter morning he turned off his propane heater and threw it in the front and went inside for breakfast. The heater wasn't all the way off and the truck burned. Anything attached to the truck, i.e. 2 way radio, and the truck were covered under the vehicle policy (full coverage). Anything in the truck but not mounted to the truck, i.e. tools, were covered under homeowners policy. So if you rent and don't have a homeowners policy get Renters Insurance.

I had a farmers ins issue as well, rates went up after 7 years of no claims, switched everything over and saved 1200.00 per year in one phone call.

When I bought my last truck I had a coupon in the deal for insurance quote. After a long phone call I made the switch to liberty ins and saved another 450.00 a year, all same coverage. Of course these crooks revealed themselves, the company I switched from is owned by liberty so my money went to the same pockets.

As for the f250 deal there is a major run on them right now, I used to get pulled over so much that they knew my name and would laugh and say sorry when they saw it was me. They said they were stolen so much they do stop and frisk on them. My neighbors 20 year old daughters f250 was stolen recently on film by a husband wife team. Took 45 seconds and it's not been recovered even with clear video.

After that I installed a kill switch hidden so good luck starting mine.

Funny about Farmer's raising rates.

When I bought my wife her new 4Runner in June, I called my agent, and he added the vehicle, full coverage, and my monthly rates went DOWN due to a new policy they have, even with adding the new vehicle. How is THAT for CS?

Could I get cheaper rates from elsewhere? Probably. But coverage, and customer service, and loyalty go a long way in my book. I have been with Farmers for 25+ years. Great company that does not jerk you around. They work for you, not against you. I will gladly pay a bit extra for that kind of service.

• Like 3

I should have said ins issue and not farmers. You are lucky to have an individual within farmers working well for you. The next 100 guys would have not mentioned that deal.

The only good ins experience I ever had was gieco ins last year and it was the other drivers ins. They took really good care of my daughter when their driver hit her.

• Like 1

I had a farmers ins issue as well, rates went up after 7 years of no claims, switched everything over and saved 1200.00 per year in one phone call.

When I bought my last truck I had a coupon in the deal for insurance quote. After a long phone call I made the switch to liberty ins and saved another 450.00 a year, all same coverage. Of course these crooks revealed themselves, the company I switched from is owned by liberty so my money went to the same pockets.

As for the f250 deal there is a major run on them right now, I used to get pulled over so much that they knew my name and would laugh and say sorry when they saw it was me. They said they were stolen so much they do stop and frisk on them. My neighbors 20 year old daughters f250 was stolen recently on film by a husband wife team. Took 45 seconds and it's not been recovered even with clear video.

After that I installed a kill switch hidden so good luck starting mine.

From SRP?

• Like 1

That's insane! I have driven three different f250's over the past 20 years. I drive a lot and have never been pulled over. I think I would flip my sh!t if I was getting "stopped and frisked" without any cause other than the make of my vehicle.