Sign in to follow this  
Coach

You better believe it goes by fast

Didn't want to hijack the other youth javi hunt thread, but it got me looking at old pictures since I'm taking out my youngest and he's going to be 16 this weekend.

Seems like yesterday I took my oldest son, Matt on his first javi hunt (technically mine, he was 5, lol).

post-478-0-28997200-1516666555_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-11993200-1516666569_thumb.jpg

Finally at 10 he gets his own tag...

post-478-0-96070200-1516666605_thumb.jpg

Nick's first. Gotta love Josh with his stuffed tiger.

post-478-0-00477600-1516668024_thumb.jpg

Not too much longer the two oldest double up...

post-478-0-91134100-1516666793_thumb.jpg

Josh, my youngest gets his first at 10.

post-478-0-19364400-1516667285_thumb.jpg

About a zillion pigs later, Matt and I with our first archery double in 2016

post-478-0-01637300-1516666849_thumb.jpg

You parents with younger kids, I'm sure you hear it all the time, but it's absolutely true - it goes by soooo fast. Cherish every moment of it.

• Like 14

Yes I went thru 4 youth hunter 2 girls and 2 boys , youngest is 22yrs old now, but now I steal my friends kids, can't let go.. by the way do you guys only shoot monster pigs or what. nice pics

• Like 1

Best thread i have seen on here in a while, thanks for sharing.

+1 to this post and the comments! Simply AWESOME!!! Living life the right way!!!

I'm kind of in wildwoody's shoes. Three kids (boy, boy, girl). Youngest is now 18. Still hunt with them when I can. Cherish the memories!!!

S.

:)

As I have posted elsewhere, I can relate to this, especially the first picture. Next month, my soon-to-be 5 year old will be heading out with me and a couple buddies for a weekend of Javelina hunting.

I too would wax poetic about my little ones growing up but every time I turn around there is another one in diapers.

My oldest is 25 and my youngest is due in April.

Seriously.

That 1st pic is cool ( him with the rifle)

we got 3 2 girls and a boy

youngest is 17 after she graduates she is planning on going into the navy ( shes been wanting to do that since she was 12 like her grandpa)

I am going to be totally lost when she out of the house. but on the bright side when she is in the military I probably get to have her jeep for a while ;)

I too would was poetic about my little ones growing up but every time I turn around there is another one in diapers.

Seriously.

yeah but on the bright side you get 18 more years of fun and torture what can be better than that ;)

I'd love to have a couple more little ones around but my wife wouldn't agree

I too would was poetic about my little ones growing up but every time I turn around there is another one in diapers.

Seriously.

Dude. Go get that shoot cut on.

Very cool. I love the Rem. 600 in the pic of Matt's first.

For whatever reason the wife and I were only blessed with two kids. We both wanted five or more when we started out. She says we are done trying now. The oldest is 10 and we go on her first pig hunt this weekend. Blew my mind when I realized the other day that she's only seven years away from graduating high school.