Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Fluid intake?

What is wrong with me , I work in construction field and I think my water intake is like 2 to 3 bottles a week . I quess being a native of Az 50 years , pissing coffee color is normal . My joints are going to dry up soon

your a weirdo! Your kidney stone will be like a pearl when you pass it!! Haha!

There is such a thing as too much water, urine color should be like light yellow not clear or super dark but this varies with food as well. Might want to have blood and urine work up done and see where your at

• Like 1

I have some experience with dehydration, helped a lot of folks with it over the years. Drink as much as you can during the day, but at night is when your body will recover the best so that is when you should tank up. If you have to get up and pee at zerodarkthirty it is a good thing. And try to get some electrolytes in you, a bottle of Gatorade or something along those lines. I like Drip Drop, it's a powder you put in a water bottle, can find it by the Pedialite in the drug store. And I drink this at night so it has longer to absorb. When you wake up in the morning the first thing on your mind should be boy do I have to pee.

Peaking at 2 gallons a day with aggressive exercise in June. And somehow 2 cups of coffee still makes me feel dehydrated. LOL. As soon as the monsoon and humidity in July hits it starts dropping to maybe 1/2 gallon or a gallon in December/January.

There is such a thing as too much water, urine color should be like light yellow not clear or super dark but this varies with food as well. Might want to have blood and urine work up done and see where your at

You have not seen my NM tap water when I made that reference. I know El Paso needs water so I flush twice :D .

I have some experience with dehydration, helped a lot of folks with it over the years. Drink as much as you can during the day, but at night is when your body will recover the best so that is when you should tank up. If you have to get up and pee at zerodarkthirty it is a good thing. And try to get some electrolytes in you, a bottle of Gatorade or something along those lines. I like Drip Drop, it's a powder you put in a water bottle, can find it by the Pedialite in the drug store. And I drink this at night so it has longer to absorb. When you wake up in the morning the first thing on your mind should be boy do I have to pee.

so that annoying 2am piss is normal? The one I try to hold til 330 when Im up lol. Ill try to get a few more glasses in the evening and see if that helps. Thanks.
  • Like 1

Especially if courts have ordered u/a's then its called a dillute sample. I know a particuilar Alcoholic/Addict very good at this technique. 😡

three easy things to remember when staying hydrated.

--a formula: "1/2 body weight = ounces of fluid"

so if you weigh 200 pounds, you should drink 100 ounces of fluid through the day especially during high heat activities (working outside etc)

-- bottled water doesn't really count

Yeah, it's easier to drink, and I do prefer the taste over valley tap water... but it doesn't have anything your body needs. The ro process actually strips all the essential minerals that would be in the water, that your body uses, ... and if you drink enough bottled water, it will actually leach out the minerals that you do have worsening the effects of dehydration.

--drink today for tomorrow.

What you drink today, doesn't necessarily help you stay hydrated today. What you drink today is going to hydrate your body for the next day. Back in my earlier life, I would hydrate the crap outta myself, do the training run or 1/2 marathon without any water, and then try to find the balance again the day after.

• Like 2

so if you weigh 200 pounds, you should drink 100 ounces of fluid through the day especially during high heat activities (working outside etc)

Yeah, it's easier to drink, and I do prefer the taste over valley tap water... but it doesn't have anything your body needs. The ro process actually strips all the essential minerals that would be in the water, that your body uses, ... and if you drink enough bottled water, it will actually leach out the minerals that you do have worsening the effects of dehydration.

What you drink today, doesn't necessarily help you stay hydrated today. What you drink today is going to hydrate your body for the next day. Back in my earlier life, I would hydrate the crap outta myself, do the training run or 1/2 marathon without any water, and then try to find the balance again the day after.

This is easy to remember.

Where do you get water from if you don't get it from a bottle?

From what I have read it's a give and take. My thought process is that the minerals that are reduced like magnesium and calcium you pick up in a healthy diet. I am more concerned with the other stuff in tap water like flouride, chlorine, and misc other stuff like lead and arsenic.

• Like 1

From what I have read it's a give and take. My thought process is that the minerals that are reduced like magnesium and calcium you pick up in a healthy diet. I am more concerned with the other stuff in tap water like flouride, chlorine, and misc other stuff like lead and arsenic.

And with what happened in Flint, we can all be concerned that it could happen anywhere.

Where do you get water from if you don't get it from a bottle?

I had a natural spring installed at my house. Perfect mineral balance-forget minerals from food or a multivitamin, that's for amateurs! The only vessels that can touch the water are glass though, or it completely negates the water's supernatural properties.

• Like 2

On this subject I just grabbed a new product by pedialyte, they now have powder packets ready to go in water. I'm going to test them this week.

• Like 2