Jump to content
huntlines

G&F commission voted unanimously to ban trail cams

Recommended Posts

There are a lot of "hunters" out there that will never kill another animal unless they drastically change the way they hunt. One of them spoke pretty boisterously at the commission meeting. I laugh because he's got people buffaloed into believing he really knows his sh!t. As much as I don't like to see another rule, it will give me great pleasure to watch the truth come out about a lot of blowhard hacks that hunt in this state. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

There are a lot of "hunters" out there that will never kill another animal unless they drastically change the way they hunt. One of them spoke pretty boisterously at the commission meeting. I laugh because he's got people buffaloed into believing he really knows his sh!t. As much as I don't like to see another rule, it will give me great pleasure to watch the truth come out about a lot of blowhard hacks. 

One thing I agree with you on. A lot of guys will have to learn a whole new way of hunting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

One thing I agree with you on. A lot of guys will have to learn a whole new way of hunting.

That includes guides too!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

One thing I agree with you on. A lot of guys will have to learn a whole new way of hunting.

I believe this will actually cause guys to kill more deer. I know several guys who passed on bucks because they were obsessed by the “one” they had on camera. Now they will not be passing on bucks they normally wouldn’t because they won’t have the “one” on camera.

  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I believe this will actually cause guys to kill more deer. I know several guys who passed on bucks because they were obsessed by the “one” they had on camera. Now they will not be passing on bucks they normally wouldn’t because they won’t have the “one” on camera.

That rings true for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I believe this will actually cause guys to kill more deer. I know several guys who passed on bucks because they were obsessed by the “one” they had on camera. Now they will not be passing on bucks they normally wouldn’t because they won’t have the “one” on camera.

Hadn't ever considered that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 654321 said:

There's no fix all for a disease that has no cure only measures to help slow down or stop the spread.  The bait ban wasn't the only rule to help with CWD exposure.

They should talk to Dr Fauci ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is AZ becoming the next new California? Will we soon need to ask the pronouns of the critters?  Mask up it's for science they say. Dr. Feces has said all along science matters, except in the case of AZ cameras.

Are the paper maps and gps we use to hunt now too deadly and not animal friendly and pose a not a fair chase?

I am sure Gov Newsome will help out AZ with his leftist ways and provide AZGFD consultation on how to run AZ into the ground.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, JSR said:

No cameras were banned. 
you just cant use them for hunting. 

As a hunter, how would you be able to run cameras AND hunt? The wording is vague at best which leads the wardens to get creative in their interpretation and application of the law. All you would have to do is hunt in the same general area to be in violation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own or have a single camera out. 

I have a very good freind who loves nature and has numerous cameras , all over the unit I hunt. He's not a hunter but gladly shows me all the pictures from his cameras. 

He'll  send me pictures  and a text message telling me the locations.

Lets say ---  I'm lucky enough to tag this deer during my hunt.  Am I in trouble under this new law, since I have a trail camera picture of him and I post it here . He's drinking from a tank.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

I don't own or have a single camera out. 

I have a very good freind who loves nature and has numerous cameras , all over the unit I hunt. He's not a hunter but gladly shows me all the pictures from his cameras. 

He'll  send me pictures  and a text message telling me the locations.

Lets say ---  I'm lucky enough to tag this deer during my hunt.  Am I in trouble under this new law, since I have a trail camera picture of him and I post it here . He's drinking from a tank.

 

 

If they found out, I imagine so.  Same as having a buddy fly over the unit one evening, see elk in a meadow, and just happen to mention it to you that morning.  The law doesnt say who owns the camera, just that they cannot be used.  Otherwise, a guide could use them, and provide that information to a hunter, and claim they were not used for hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

I don't own or have a single camera out. 

I have a very good freind who loves nature and has numerous cameras , all over the unit I hunt. He's not a hunter but gladly shows me all the pictures from his cameras. 

He'll  send me pictures  and a text message telling me the locations.

Lets say ---  I'm lucky enough to tag this deer during my hunt.  Am I in trouble under this new law, since I have a trail camera picture of him and I post it here . He's drinking from a tank.

 

 

I think the only way to be totally safe is to never use trailcams again. I definitely wouldn't post any trailcam pics online. I wouldn't have any on my phone or computer... even if its date stamped. (I'm certain guys that try and get away with using them will change the dates in their cams to 2021). You might be able to get away with using them if you use them in a unit you never hunt or one that takes a century to draw. You could use them for sheep if you've already gotten your sheep. DIY guys could find ways to keep enjoying them without too much fear. If you're a guide, you're an idiot if you ever touch another trailcam. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, n2horns said:

Is AZ becoming the next new California? Will we soon need to ask the pronouns of the critters?  Mask up it's for science they say. Dr. Feces has said all along science matters, except in the case of AZ cameras.

Are the paper maps and gps we use to hunt now too deadly and not animal friendly and pose a not a fair chase?

I am sure Gov Newsome will help out AZ with his leftist ways and provide AZGFD consultation on how to run AZ into the ground.

 

Funny you say all that. One of the commissioners used California and Oregon as an example of why he was voting for the ban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

I don't own or have a single camera out. 

I have a very good freind who loves nature and has numerous cameras , all over the unit I hunt. He's not a hunter but gladly shows me all the pictures from his cameras. 

He'll  send me pictures  and a text message telling me the locations.

Lets say ---  I'm lucky enough to tag this deer during my hunt.  Am I in trouble under this new law, since I have a trail camera picture of him and I post it here . He's drinking from a tank.

 

 

but all G&F would have to do is look up your social media posts and find out you do own cameras  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×