firstcoueswas80

AZGFD paying youtubers?

14 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

You haven’t addressed any of the issues brought up here and want to reduce this thread to stupid partisan name calling. The BLM appointee had nothing to Dow it’s how our department is managing its budget and our wildlife. 

You can do better.

Oh stop it.  What issues?  You and 1098765431 aren't addressing any issues....

The BLM appointee has been endorsed by the people you appear to be defending. It's not a good look. It's antihunting to the max. Stop defending it.

6 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I don’t agree. Although the NR’s only account for less than 20% of the tags sold, I suspect they account for a disproportionate portion of the harvest. The number of NR otc sales has increased by 40% since the department entered into this agreement with Newberg. During that same time the state has seen an unprecedented reduction in otc opportunity with a significant number of units moving to draw only.

The dept argues that they have only promoted otc coues but those opportunities have also been significantly reduced with some of the very best units being converted to draw or having seasons reduced and I would argue that any promotion of otc archery attracts attention to both species.

That’s a lot of suspecting to totally think it’s all NR with the harvests, I’ve yet to see Randy harvest a deer with his bow in AZ

The numbers DO tell a tale. All numbers are up but since 2016/17 non resident OTC sales have disproportionately outgrown resident OTC sales.

This is another crappy argument being put forth by the department and people arguing (654321) that this has not been a negative for Arizona hunters because they refuse to admit there is a problem or take ownership for said problem.

Why do we have a 10% cap for nonresidents on draw tags but not OTC tags? (It can be a moving number).  If you looked at the numbers - Nonresident tags would have sold out. Thousands of hunters potentially not been allowed to hunt.  And maybe the unit stays open for OTC. Meanwhile nonresident hunters have doubled and outpacing new resident hunters.

Yes all OTC tag sales have grown. But the narrative being put forth is the one of someone not trying to own up to the fact that paying out of state hunters on YouTube have without a doubt have caused a DISPROPORTIONATE increase of nonresident hunters into our state. Many of which are of higher skill level than an average hunter and have the time and resources to be more successful. Joe blow from State X with a 10 days off to hunt the state and years of bowhunting experience is going to be more successful than the resident that just picked up a bow and goes out for a weekend.

In summation, AZGFD has likely unintentionally caused OTC closures because of their policy of paying YouTube people. This in turn has now reduced opportunity for new hunters and resident hunters.

They made a mistake. Now what are they going to do to fix it? 

Of course this is all assuming that their harvest data that they are using to close OTC units is accurate.  (It's not).  They can't tell you how many deer were killed on any hunt.  They sit from an armchair and claim they can but they've never actually field checked it. They guess.  But that's a whole different thread.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 654321 said:

That’s a lot of suspecting to totally think it’s all NR with the harvests, I’ve yet to see Randy harvest a deer with his bow in AZ

You are in it to win it. Randy thanks you for your service, goodness....

As does BHA and all the liberals, even of you think it's inadvertant...lmao...

5 minutes ago, ForkHorn said:

The numbers DO tell a tale. All numbers are up but since 2016/17 non resident OTC sales have disproportionately outgrown resident OTC sales.

This is another crappy argument being put forth because the department and people arguing (654321) that this has not been a negative for Arizona hunters.

Why do we have a 10% cap for nonresidents on draw tags but not OTC tags? (It can be a moving number).  If you looked at the numbers - Nonresident tags would have sold out. Thousands of hunters potentially not been allowed to hunt.  And maybe the unit stays open for OTC. Meanwhile nonresident hunters have doubled and outpacing new resident hunters.

Yes all OTC tag sales have grown. But the narrative being put forth is the one of someone not trying to own up to the fact that paying out of state hunters on YouTube have without a doubt have caused a DISPROPORTIONATE increase of nonresident hunters into our state. Many of which are of higher skill level than an average hunter and have the time and resources to be more successful. Joe blow from State X with a 10 days off to hunt the state and years of bowhunting experience is going to be more successful than the resident that just picked up a bow and goes out for a weekend.

In summation, AZGFD has likely unintentionally caused OTC closures because of their policy of paying YouTube people. This in turn has now reduced opportunity for new hunters and resident hunters.

Of course this is all assuming that their harvest data that they are using to close OTC units is accurate.  (It's not).  They can't tell you how many deer were killed on any hunt.  They sit from an armchair and claim they can but they've never actually field checked it. They guess.  But that's a whole different thread.

Don't be dumb says 10987654321.   

It's totally irrational and you're simply not educated....

(I'm kidding) 

25 minutes ago, 654321 said:

I don’t suspect it’s all NR’s but I do suspect the increase in harvest is disproportionately skewed to NR’s. The statistics show a strong correlation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ForkHorn said:

I am not sure this was unintentional. I think AZGFD accomplished exactly what they intended to with a solid marketing plan and good execution.

I am not sure people like Newberg saw the potential consequences of his actions. Ultimately, the loss of hunting opportunities in our state may very well be the unraveling of the whole system. With 7.3 million people and only 269k hunters we are in a steep deficit when a ballot initiative is put forth to restrict opportunity, add in that 51,000 Californians move here every year and it’s pretty clear where we are headed. And with no opportunity to hunt their home state people won’t care about hunting because it won’t be part of their life anymore.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I am not sure this was unintentional. I think AZGFD accomplished exactly what they intended to with a solid marketing plan and good execution.

I am not sure people like Newberg saw the potential consequences of his actions. Ultimately, the loss of hunting opportunities in our state may very well be the unraveling of the whole system. With 7.3 million people and only 269k hunters we are in a steep deficit when a ballot initiative is put forth to restrict opportunity, add in that 51,000 Californians move here every year and it’s pretty clear where we are headed. And with no opportunity to hunt their home state people won’t care about hunting because it won’t be part of their life 

#playedthemselves

You can jump on the amended constitution band wagin. Or just move out of AZ. 

I am lacing up for the latter.

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

PS - he's not good enough. He's gotta grab a gun tag. He's O for a lot archery hunting. Give him some advice. He needs it ...

1 minute ago, Big or Bust said:

PS - he's not good enough. He's gotta grab a gun tag. He's O for a lot archery hunting. Give him some advice. He needs it ...

He’s a bit cringe as well

7 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Oh stop it.  What issues?  You and 1098765431 aren't addressing any issues....

The BLM appointee has been endorsed by the people you appear to be defending. It's not a good look. It's antihunting to the max. Stop defending it.

I’m not defending anyone. And no one is taking your political bait because it’s off topic. Come on dude, try to keep up. 

AZGFD has decided to spend ad dollars to entice out of staters to come and try to harvest animals in AZ. so AZGFD could bring in more revenue.  It brought AZ more money , but at what cost?  As an AZ resident and  hunter, I can no longer go to my favorite unit to archery hunt in January.  That sucks!!  During a time when about 90% of the water holes I have frequented are bone dry and deer numbers appear to be down, they entice more people to come here to hunt ???  I've spent years finding secluded hot spots for deer and now I have to go somewhere else, but as long as AZGFD made more money ( I'm supposed to be ok with that?)  Pretty frickin pissed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

I’m not defending anyone. And no one is taking your political bait because it’s off topic. Come on dude, try to keep up. 

It's all a related issue. 

If facts are considered political bait then I'm guilty as charged.

And yes, rereading the thread this AM you appear to be defending someone who subsidized resident hunting rights for dollars, intentionally or not, even though we are likely in the same page. 

Get mad at them, not me. I'm upset that our hunting opportunities are reduced and someone was paid to do it. How can you not be pissed?

Our kids are the ones who I feel sorry for. 

• Like 1

I live on the Gulf Coast.  "Come fish the gulf coast" is a heck of a lot different than "come fish these numbers".  Productions that only show fishing in the un identifiable blue waters get mediocre views.  If a production showed the coordinates and how to line everything up, views would be viral.   It would also get you killed down south.  Not only that, but now the numbers are good for no one.  The personality (Randy) now has the false impression that they are somehow special.  Look how popular my show is!  Your show is popular because you're giving away vital information that most had to earn before, you dumb asss.   To make more money Randy has gravitated from "come fish the Gulf Coast" to "come fish these numbers" and ruining it for everyone.  What a jerk.  And he's the head jerk.  Not only is he contracted to do it, he is contracted to recruit other social media platforms to do it.  

And the turncoat tries to convince us that its for the best.  What a clown.

To helll with them all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 654321 said:

How many of you cry babies have sent an email to every commissioner asking why they're paying youtubers and destroying Resident opportunity.  The amount of time it takes you to cry on the internet could have been time spent sending an email.

Who says we have not? You make a lot of assumptions. I’m sure a lot of us cry babies have sent several emails, letters and made phone calls. The commission does what they want and rarely if ever listen.