firstcoueswas80

AZGFD paying youtubers?

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I remember the year of that us outfitters case, Jeff foxworthy was drawn for elk lol. 

I believe Jim Zumbo also was issued a tag.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

The irony of it all is that if the intention was hunter recruitment - by making it harder for a resident to draw a tag (or bowhunt in December) you're  actually limiting new hunters and making it a $$$ past time to get into if you expect them to travel out of state to go hunting. 

It's discouraging for a new hunter to have less opportunity or to have to explain to them you may have to travel out of state to get the same opportunity that was once afforded here.

So instead of creating new hunters we are only pulling from the same nationwide base of older hunters than can afford to travel around the country.

Exactly... they aren't recruiting new hunters. They are recruiting existing hunters from other states. The limited opportunity is definitely going to get worse. 

• Like 1

If you can't beat em, join em.  Go hunt other states before the entire US is draw only for non-res.  Every state has the same complaints and they aren't because of "youtube stars" only.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

If you can't beat em, join em.  Go hunt other states before the entire US is draw only for non-res.  Every state has the same complaints and they aren't because of "youtube stars" only.   

Exactly, WY one of the most generous states out there for NR has a task force right now deciding on how to get more tags into R hands. WY will soon be 90-10 on their big 5 and it wont be long before deer, elk and antelope are also 90-10 in WY.

5 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Exactly, WY one of the most generous states out there for NR has a task force right now deciding on how to get more tags into R hands. WY will soon be 90-10 on their big 5 and it wont be long before deer, elk and antelope are also 90-10 in WY.

Yeah, I hear Coloradans complain about Texans all year long. And honestly, when I hunted it I only met NRs, but none from Texas ironically. 

15 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

Yeah, I hear Coloradans complain about Texans all year long. And honestly, when I hunted it I only met NRs, but none from Texas ironically. 

I assure you, there are plenty of Texans here! Lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

They sold us and Az wildlife out if any of this is true.

It’s true! I’m just curious to see if there is way to find out how much AZGFD paid these guys?  Also curious if it was a one time deal or have they been paid annually?

36 minutes ago, zslayer said:

It’s true! I’m just curious to see if there is way to find out how much AZGFD paid these guys?  Also curious if it was a one time deal or have they been paid annually?

Of course there is a way to find out but you might have to work at it and I would bet that Randy Newberg gets paid annually since the AZGFD budget is annually and approved by the states legislature every year.  If you really want to know why don't you start by sending every commissioner a civil email asking if youtubers such as Randy Newberg get paid to come to AZ to hunt? How does that fit into the North American Model? How does this directly benefit the wildlife in AZ and how has this affected Resident opportunity? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Of course there is a way to find out but you might have to work at it and I would bet that Randy Newberg gets paid annually since the AZGFD budget is annually and approved by the states legislature every year.  If you really want to know why don't you start by sending every commissioner a civil email asking if youtubers such as Randy Newberg get paid to come to AZ to hunt? How does that fit into the North American Model? How does this directly benefit the wildlife in AZ and how has this affected Resident opportunity? 

That’s a good idea and I think I may give that a try just to see what they say.   I’m a non resident of AZ but I used to a resident and have hunted the southern desert for more than 20 years.  I feel your pain as a resident with the flood of non resident hunters, I have experienced the exact same thing here in CO.   We just lost our OTC elk tags because we got pounded by non residents.   Even this years archery elk draw with limited tags we had 61% of the tags go to non residents.   As far as AZ goes my days of drawing a coues tag every year are now coming to an end even with two points.    This is in units and hunts that had leftovers 3-4 years ago before the sellout!

21 hours ago, 654321 said:

And there gonna lose alot of money, just like Utah did when they double the out of state fees deer died of from snow.  Everyone went to Colorado.

They also always through out the average age of hunters goes up every year, BS. Its called fxckery, smoke and mirrors.

So Im an AZ resident and started hunting a couple of years ago after getting a spark from watching youtube videos. Randy, THP and Hush mostly. Since then ive gotten at least one tag every time Ive put in. Ive also been able to take my son out on a couple of small game hunts as a result.

I might be wrong but my understanding is NRs are limited to 10% of the tags drawn or something along those lines. Meaning more NR apps doesnt necessarily mean more NR draw competition for residents and AZGFD is able to make more money that way without impacting the quality of hunts for residents.

On paying youtubers to hunt AZ I'd need to know how much is actually spent vs how it impacts income from NR applicants to say if its a good idea or bad idea. That said if the result is AZGFD gets more funds to meet their mission and it gets more people engaged in hunting, guns and the outdoors then Im good with it.

4 minutes ago, Asm123 said:

So Im an AZ resident and started hunting a couple of years ago after getting a spark from watching youtube videos. Randy, THP and Hush mostly. Since then ive gotten at least one tag every time Ive put in. Ive also been able to take my son out on a couple of small game hunts as a result.

I might be wrong but my understanding is NRs are limited to 10% of the tags drawn or something along those lines. Meaning more NR apps doesnt necessarily mean more NR draw competition for residents and AZGFD is able to make more money that way without impacting the quality of hunts for residents.

On paying youtubers to hunt AZ I'd need to know how much is actually spent vs how it impacts income from NR applicants to say if its a good idea or bad idea. That said if the result is AZGFD gets more funds to meet their mission and it gets more people engaged in hunting, guns and the outdoors then Im good with it.

You are correct on the 10% non resident cap for draw tags only.   Where it has hurt is the OTC archery tags that are unlimited and caused such crowding that AZGFD  now has to start eliminating that option.  I’m guessing in the next 1-2 years OTC tags will be eliminated completely as result of overcrowding.

• Like 1