idgaf

Fu*&^%ing ethics

Been a lurking on here for a while. Kinda curious though on the photos. I see in the pictures you posted on page 1 both front legs are there. The photo you posted on page 2 shows both hind quarters there. Where is the missing leg? 

22 minutes ago, Kurtrich said:

Been a lurking on here for a while. Kinda curious though on the photos. I see in the pictures you posted on page 1 both front legs are there. The photo you posted on page 2 shows both hind quarters there. Where is the missing leg? 

Looks like the right front leg.

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Looks like the right front leg.

Correct. There was so little meat on it that I almost left it.  

Real question... Do you do the same thing if its an early rifle bull tag that took 20 years to draw and its a spike?   

Seems Agfd should have some kind of case by case acceptance and reissue a tag. 

He'll no, i' get ahold of the azgfd, let them decide, never waist 20 on a moral kill. Lol butt I would let azgfd take care of it, unless last day and you wanted the meet. Great post great outcome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Real question... Do you do the same thing if its an early rifle bull tag that took 20 years to draw and its a spike?   

Seems Agfd should have some kind of case by case acceptance and reissue a tag. 

(Slightly off topic) Who would waist 20 years waiting for an elk tag.  I've honed my craft by hunting elk on what people consider crappy tags. I would take a 4b November archery tag every year. 

Back to the question.  If it was a sheep tag which I am now at 20+ years of waiting.  If I had a similar ethical dilemma I would immediately call g&f and proceed from there.  If not available (and we are speaking hypothetically) I may use the SSS method. 

• Like 5

On 8/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, CatfishKev said:

Nice job Fred.  Hopefully the meat is nice and tender. Im actually curious about if it will be or not. Youll have to let us know. 

I was thinking the same thing 

• Like 1

Congrats on the meat. It’s what the industry refers to as pink meat veal for cows. I’m sure it will be tasty. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I would have shot them both. Maybe a third now that I hear azgfd is making up their own January deer seasons 

Huh? What are they upto now?  A special randy Newberg season?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BTW idgaf, this isn't an "ethical" issue as its legal based on everything you posted.  It may be a "moral" issue, but I agree with your decision to take the animal!

Good Job!

For those that are interested. Baby elk has a beef flavor. Also very tender.  The processing was tedious.  All of the ligaments and tendons of a full size elk are compressed into a very small package. 

• Like 4