Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Desert

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Thursday but there’s not a chance I kill. Might as well have not even come I didn’t even try. At least I wasted lots of money and time. I did jump a 2 point I could have shot at earlier. 

Well you still have time and with this warmer weather they gotta come drink. Hopefully one slips up. What a tough break on this weather overall. Looking like 89, 90, 87 for us over the weekend. The dang quail opener was better weather than this. I'm with you in hoping one slips up headed to water. Super new moon starts Nov. 4. I have no idea what that means but it sounds good for hunting friday morning on the 5th! hahaha

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Thanks man, just grinding. 

Worst case scenario I kill one more 18 pack of keystone and go home empty. I still got the meat lovers pizza in the trunk. 

All it takes is one. Hopefully you’ll run into him 

I glassed this morning, does that’s it. Checked my cam and there was a different big bodied decent 4x4 at 4am and I tired to see which way he went and couldn’t. I can’t help but want to sit there and hope something comes in at last or first light 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I glassed this morning, does that’s it. Checked my cam and there was a different big bodied decent 4x4 at 4am and I tired to see which way he went and couldn’t. I can’t help but want to sit there and hope something comes in at last or first light 

One more day, hope it all plays out for you. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

It’s definitely been a grind. My dad had the same tag as trphyhntr and I glassed up these two bucks yesterday and he decided the 3 point was good enough for his tag. 

BA018C02-81CA-4E2E-8A51-6D6DB4B90876.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

That’s good stuff. I left, empty af. I’m putting in for southern AZ coues from now on if I even continue hunting at this point RIP

I don't think I could do that. I have had my butt handed to me many times by desert muleys. It just makes me that much more determined to figure them out. Taking a 180+ burro buck is as good as it gets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

That’s good stuff. I left, empty af. I’m putting in for southern AZ coues from now on if I even continue hunting at this point RIP

What unit have you been killing yourself in?

26 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't think I could do that. I have had my butt handed to me many times by desert muleys. It just makes me that much more determined to figure them out. Taking a 180+ burro buck is as good as it gets.

You’re right, thanks for setting me straight. 7 days in the desert has me thinking crazy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You’re right, thanks for setting me straight. 7 days in the desert has me thinking crazy. 

It will definitely do that to you .... last time I killed on day 11 in the desert ....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HyNoon said:

It will definitely do that to you .... last time I killed on day 11 in the desert ....

When I was 18 years old me and another guy hunted 9 days without seeing a deer. I learned a  lot about what not to do. Not tagging out has taught me more than killing one.

• Like 2

Man this heat is no joke today...what a terrible way to start a hunt. 91° In November 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Just does and fawns for me. I had friends glass up 8 bucks but I haven’t heard back from them after they said they were going after them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:58 AM, trphyhntr said:

It's going to cool off a little.  I hope it changes it up for you. You knowwhat your doing. Kill another big one.