Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Desert

Well it’s been a long, hot hunt but if you walk the flats long enough you eventually run into them. No exciting kill shot videos or any of that. They were bedded 4 miles from the closest hill. Just flat as can be. Finding fresh tracks and walking as much area as you. He was with a 3x3. I love deer hunting but I am glad this tag is filled and my hunt is done. It’s been a warm one. 

5E1A233F-7772-48B7-B2E8-6337CDE9E23B.jpeg

96E48C24-6E6A-4056-B41E-798C595BFE29.jpeg

EFE82816-214D-4CDB-9840-A02F0B6CA724.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Great Buck! 3
  • Wow! 2

12 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Well it’s been a long, hot hunt but if you walk the flats long enough you eventually run into them. No exciting kill shot videos or any of that. They were bedded 4 miles from the closest hill. Just flat as can be. Finding fresh tracks and walking as much area as you. He was with a 3x3. I love deer hunting but I am glad this tag is filled and my hunt is done. It’s been a warm one. 

Just awesome man!  Congratulations!

Super sweet you have the trail cams pics of him!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

5E1A233F-7772-48B7-B2E8-6337CDE9E23B.jpeg

96E48C24-6E6A-4056-B41E-798C595BFE29.jpeg

Wow that’s bad butt man 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

My dads got a tag for desert muley and we haven’t even gone out. Idk if we’re gonna make it 

Hope you guys are able to go. Weather looks to be changing by next weekend. When does the hunt start?

14 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Hope you guys are able to go. Weather looks to be changing by next weekend. When does the hunt start?

Last Friday till Thursday.

went and looked at my 50 shed antlers from last year, never jumped a buck. after reading your report about walking enough and now I’ll probably be Back again next year 

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Last Friday till Thursday.

went and looked at my 50 shed antlers from last year, never jumped a buck. after reading your report about walking enough and now I’ll probably be Back again next year 

I tell you what. If you can go hunt with your dad, get out and do it while you can. I have friends that don’t have that opportunity any longer and I cherish every chance I get to hunt with mine. Obviously, life happens so I’m not sure if you have stuff going on that won’t allow you to hunt but if nothing else, get out and enjoy the outdoors with your father. You won’t regret it! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2