fatfootdoc

whatever happened to Ernesto C???

I used to look forward to reading his posts then he just disappeared!! Anyone know where he is? He was one of the early stalwarts of the site if I am not mistaken!! ag

I think he's still around, but just doesn't post much (or at all....). I think he's hunting archery bull elk as we speak, so maybe we'll see a report from him sometime in the future.... ;)

S.

:)

There was a “difficult” illegal alien thread that was eventually deleted, and Ernesto left the forum over it.

Mark

There was a “difficult” illegal alien thread that was eventually deleted, and Ernesto left the forum over it.

Mark

"Outdoor writer" left the forum under similar circumstances, except the posts weren't deleted.

Bill Quimby

I don't know Ernesto's story, and it ain't my job to judge him anyway. I don't believe he was born in this country (I could be wrong), yet he seems to be doing well for himself here. I think the difficult thread that Mark mentioned was indeed the reason he left. Must have struck a chord that was very personal with him. I have the highest respect for Mexicans that come here, work hard, get citizenship, and become succesfull. Some of these guys look at our country and see the potential that it was designed to give - where a lot of lazy complacent Americans look at the potential for a hand out. Then the hard working Mexicans figure out how to come here and make it happen. That is deserving of respect.

This situation has historically been good for Americans and Mexicans alike, yet when tens of million Mexicans come here, and they ain't all hard working, it puts the strain on our benevolent healthcare and welfare systems. That's what the thread was about - stopping the exodus from Mexico.

I am sorry that Ernesto parted company with us, he's a heck of a hunter, my Christian brother, and all around good guy that had a lot of good things to add to this site.

I hope that as he continues on as an American he can constantly evaluate his allegiances. For me it's God, country, family.

When family comes first, it undermines the others. If this country becomes tribal, we will cease to be great and be no better than most of the rest of the countries in the world.

I read that string over and over. It was about as right-winged as we get on this site, and though it was rough enough to offend one of our veteran members, I don't believe it crossed the line where it could be considered racist.

Ernesto, if you read this, please understand that the views that angered you were not intended to be racial. The intention was patriotism - country BEFORE race. And Ernesto, ain't nobody here holding anything against you. In fact, we'd love to hear from you. We love you brother,

Mike

Mark

"Outdoor writer" left the forum under similar circumstances, except the posts weren't deleted.

Bill Quimby

What th'?!

He is on a archery elk hunt. He is a great guy and I talk to and see him a lot. He has not said one bad word about the forum or anybody on it and that shows pretty good integrity if you ask me. I hope he does come back and post some more. I will have to talk to him about it next time I see him.

I always enjoyed his posts. I hope he does come back and post again here.

I think he lurks. For those of you that do not know him, everything that has been said about him is dead on. he is a good guy.

as matthew45 pointed out, after he left the site he was respectful in his personal words about all.

it is our loss.

unfortunately for future newbie, escouters, they will miss out on his knowledge of and willingness to share info on his 43B coues honeyholes.

I don't know Ernesto's story, and it ain't my job to judge him anyway. I don't believe he was born in this country (I could be wrong), yet he seems to be doing well for himself here. I think the difficult thread that Mark mentioned was indeed the reason he left. Must have struck a chord that was very personal with him. I have the highest respect for Mexicans that come here, work hard, get citizenship, and become succesfull. Some of these guys look at our country and see the potential that it was designed to give - where a lot of lazy complacent Americans look at the potential for a hand out. Then the hard working Mexicans figure out how to come here and make it happen. That is deserving of respect.

This situation has historically been good for Americans and Mexicans alike, yet when tens of million Mexicans come here, and they ain't all hard working, it puts the strain on our benevolent healthcare and welfare systems. That's what the thread was about - stopping the exodus from Mexico.

I am sorry that Ernesto parted company with us, he's a heck of a hunter, my Christian brother, and all around good guy that had a lot of good things to add to this site.

I hope that as he continues on as an American he can constantly evaluate his allegiances. For me it's God, country, family.

When family comes first, it undermines the others. If this country becomes tribal, we will cease to be great and be no better than most of the rest of the countries in the world.

I read that string over and over. It was about as right-winged as we get on this site, and though it was rough enough to offend one of our veteran members, I don't believe it crossed the line where it could be considered racist.

Ernesto, if you read this, please understand that the views that angered you were not intended to be racial. The intention was patriotism - country BEFORE race. And Ernesto, ain't nobody here holding anything against you. In fact, we'd love to hear from you. We love you brother,

Mike

WELL SAID !

I am not sure of the thread it was but I am sure we miss Ernesto's insight and input.

Blessings my brother, from another mother

Long before I joined this site, he was the cornerstone of coues posted information. He talked about Hunting & rarely the escalation of tensions between the US & MEX.Things changed over time...

He personally emailed me last year and asked me to come hunt coues on a ranch in Mexico. I couldn't go, but was still nice to know one of the originals has not lost his passion for the grey ghost..

Coues deer are just one unique thing our countries have in common...He is a heck of hunter and I enjoyed learning from his replies.

AzP&Y

Thats too bad that a sensitive topic made a good person leave this site. I know another individual whom I admire, and look up to, that has also left this site because of comments made against him, hopefully some day they will return.

He is very helpful and was a great guy on the forum, I think I agreed with about 99% of what he said or posted and would hope that he will eventually come back, one of the nicest individuals I have ever met and consider him a friend.

Agreed, Ernesto is a good man and I was sadened to see him leave. I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about anyone and always treated people friendly. I to wish he would come back.