fatfootdoc

whatever happened to Ernesto C???

Agreed, Ernesto is a good man and I was sadened to see him leave. I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about anyone and always treated people friendly. I to wish he would come back.

It sure would be nice if he just happened to see this and realized we miss the guy!!! It would be good to have him back and he personified what the site was about--hunting coues deer. As I recall he never said anything bad about anyone and was always willing to participate in threads. Come back Ernesto, we promise we'll be good this time :lol: Take care guys, ag

I don't know Ernesto's story, and it ain't my job to judge him anyway. I don't believe he was born in this country (I could be wrong), yet he seems to be doing well for himself here. I think the difficult thread that Mark mentioned was indeed the reason he left. Must have struck a chord that was very personal with him. I have the highest respect for Mexicans that come here, work hard, get citizenship, and become succesfull. Some of these guys look at our country and see the potential that it was designed to give - where a lot of lazy complacent Americans look at the potential for a hand out. Then the hard working Mexicans figure out how to come here and make it happen. That is deserving of respect.

This situation has historically been good for Americans and Mexicans alike, yet when tens of million Mexicans come here, and they ain't all hard working, it puts the strain on our benevolent healthcare and welfare systems. That's what the thread was about - stopping the exodus from Mexico.

I am sorry that Ernesto parted company with us, he's a heck of a hunter, my Christian brother, and all around good guy that had a lot of good things to add to this site.

I hope that as he continues on as an American he can constantly evaluate his allegiances. For me it's God, country, family.

When family comes first, it undermines the others. If this country becomes tribal, we will cease to be great and be no better than most of the rest of the countries in the world.

I read that string over and over. It was about as right-winged as we get on this site, and though it was rough enough to offend one of our veteran members, I don't believe it crossed the line where it could be considered racist.

Ernesto, if you read this, please understand that the views that angered you were not intended to be racial. The intention was patriotism - country BEFORE race. And Ernesto, ain't nobody here holding anything against you. In fact, we'd love to hear from you. We love you brother,

Mike

Well said Mike, I have missed his input!

I just tried to call him and tell him about all the kind words everyone is saying about him, but he wasn't home and the lady that answered doesn't speak any english. I'll try him back later

You are responsible for your own sorting.

If family comes before country, for me, then I would have done everything I could to talk my son out of being a U.S. Marine. And if family comes before country and my son is injured or killed in the line of duty, then I will protest the war and everything about it, like 'what's her name' did. If family comes before country and we protect our families at the expense of our country, then we won't have a country to protect our families.

I thank God for the brave men and women that have protected this great country, in all the American wars, so that we can raise our families in peace.

Families are extremely important - the very core of our society, yet there is an order, at least in my mind, that must be in place to allow our greatness to continue.

Thanks for bringing this up Noel,

Mike

He is still on his archery elk hunt. He said he was prepared to stay until Saturday. We need to save some nice things to say until then :lol: . I know he still looks at the sight. He is the one that is taking care of the tag that I am selling.

Guys,Guys

Have a little faith! Ernesto is still around and I am sure he will be back in time. I talked to him Saturday and,maybe we can get him to tell us about his archery elk hunt. Huh! I hope so anyway. Thats the problem with you young guys," Ya got no patience!''. I have not spent much time around here in the last few years either, but I watch and am amazed at all the new members. I think its great! I just don`t have as much to say as some of you guys. Besides, if you just sit back and listen sometimes even us old guys pick up a few hot tips!!!!!!!!

Talk to Ya Later , Rich T. B)

Ernesto has read this thread....but I don't know if he will come back. I have asked him many times over the years, but it's ultimately his choice. He made some excellent contributions to the forum and I still consider him a very good friend. He called me every night during my elk hunt to make sure I was ok.... thanks Ernesto!

Amanda

I agree big time that Ernesto C. NEEDS TO GET BACK ON THE FORUM.....And I hope that what ever happened in the past can be forgivin and find it in his heart to join us once again...Terry Lambeth

This is an awesome thread! I agree with everyone Ernesto was a great asset to this site and brought a great attitude towards hunting, life and friendship here. I remember when I first joined, I had been lurking on the "other" site also but I loved the comraderie and politeness found here and I remember Ernesto was always a huge contributer of those qualities to this site! I've never met him in person, but I know via emails he's one of the nicest guys I've met! Hope to see ya on here again soon Ernesto, and may god bless you more ;)

I just got an email from Ernesto - he said to tell everyone hi and to thank them for the kind comments.

Yes it will be a great day when we have Ernesto posting once again. I will be deer hunting again this year with his brother in 36B. Good times!!!