JLG

Looking for 410 single shot

Have a friend with 3 kids, one is a 9 year old girl and she loves hunting. She likes to squirrel hunt but hasn't taken one yet using a 22. She is a little Itty bitty gal, so my thought was to get her first squirrel a small 410 might be the ticket. Her mom is looking to get it for her as a Christmas present. Probably early considering Christmas is at the back end of squirrel season. Her momma was telling me today when her daughter knows they are hunting she is the first up, first dressed and first with her lunch packed...so she already has the passion. Feel like her taking a squirrel would farther fuel the passion. 

So if anyone has a single shot 410 in the back of their safe, collecting dust.  I am pretty sure it will be put to good use...putting a huge smile on a young hunters face. Let me know what you have please. You can send me a PM, Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I called my son to see if he still had the one I bought him 20+ years ago to see if he would donate it but he still uses it on ocasion for squirrles. With that said I'll put up $25 if anyone wants to start a kitty to get this little girl a 410.

• Like 1

You guys get this, very cool. I got some 410 shells to get her started so good there. I got a single shot 20 gauge I was think about giving her but honestly it kicks like crazy. Was thinking a 410 might be a bit easier on her. Thank you guys. 

• Like 1

I'm in also. 

I have a single shot Iver Johnson .410 my late Father bought me when I was Her age. About 40+ years ago now. If you don't find one for sale I will gladly lend it to Her for Her hunt. Good on you for carrying on The Tradition Sir. 

So the lowest recoil option I found was a 410ga insert in a 20 gauge. Patterns decent but because you aren’t getting the full barrel length of pressure, it’s a lot more mild. Just an option

I’m in too if we can’t find one 

• Like 1

Eli that's a great idea.

I have a 410 Gauge 2¾. I'll sell for exactly what I paid for it. It's Spanish made and smaller than most like a youth model. Paid $125 for it in May of 2016. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I can get to it.

Top break, single shot, brown wood stock. It's short enough I thought I had lost it with the youth but it was in my safe in the back. I'll get it out from the secure lock down tomorrow if you are interested.

PM for my number.

IMG_20211103_130359.jpg

IMG_20211103_130503.jpg

IMG_20211103_130355.jpg

IMG_20211103_130326.jpg

IMG_20211103_130320.jpg

I can bring the money and pick it up, I'm finishing concrete right now but you can text me so I have your number, 480 292 4554, I can probably deliver it up to John not this weekend but the next if that's not to late.

Kent