Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

Huge Antelope

I finally decided to post this here I hope I dont bore u guys and gals. I waited 14 years to finally draw a muzzleloader tag. I got 19A tag #7 sent from heaven. I scouted for 3 1/2 months paid access fees to the 2 major landowners. In the process helped to get The one opened for public hunters . Took 600 to 700 pictures of antelope. Created a peking order of bucks i wanted to shoot. The first choice buck would go Close to 90". Lost him a couple weeks before the hunt. Found out a 2nd season archer killled him. WONDER WHO ? 2nd choice buck was an awesome buck with 7+ inch prongs I called him Prehistoric. I really wanted him. Did alot of praying about him!!!!Took lots of pics of him . Several big time archers were after him. Boy did he run the GUANTLET. I saw him out scouting during late archery hunt and saw blood coming from his neck. I called around to see who hit him .An Archer I know shot him thru the neck. That buck was not even fazed he just kept going.

A Few days before the hunt I lost him . I glassed the evening before the hunt and to NO avail. So I hunted somewhere else opening morn. Later that morn I drove back to where I had been watching this buck. A guide had found the buck several miles from where he was all summer. His hunter had shot him in the leg and was trying to finish him off. I was bummed but told them If I see the buck I would not shoot him. Later that day I missed a very nice mid 80's Buck at 200 yards. As I was walking in the field to follow the buck for another shot . I bumped into the hunter who had hit Prehistoric in the leg he was still chasing him. WE talked I again reaffirmed that if I seen prehistoric I would not shoot him. As we were talking I glassed up the ridge and saw Prehistoric running southwest and the buck I had shot at near him. I told the hunter theres your buck go get him. As we walked towards the direction of the antelope I got heat exhaustion and had to stop drink and rest. The other hunter went on ahead. Soon I heard a shot . I rushed to see an antelope running away unscathed about 20 minutes later I heard another shot. Then the hunter walks back to me all disgusted with himself He had killed a really nice goat But shot the wrong one . It wasn't Prehistoric YES IT was open season now on Prehistoric. My self and and another famous guide chased each others tail the rest of the day looking for Prehistoric. I had one advantage I was the last one to see him and what direction he went. Everybody else thought he went northeast , I saw him going south west. This is all just the opening day . Boy that Nite I did Alot of praying . Saturday morning I couldnt find the buck . I looked for 3 hours and other hunters were all over . All of a sudden I found the buck running great, coming off a waterhole. I followed him till he bedded that late morning. He was looking the opposite direction . I could only see his neck and head for the tall grass, So I had to stalk him. I shot him in the neck. Praise God He was saving him for me .. I hope you liked this story its all true. I have him grossed @ 88 1/4 " .Josiah Scott (SirRoyal

post-2797-1222193334_thumb.jpg

post-2797-1222193455_thumb.jpg

post-2797-1222193576_thumb.jpg

post-2797-1222193688_thumb.jpg

That buck is a stud! I watched him for awhile this summer before the archery hunters got him all buggard up. How tall are his horns and how long are his cutters?

Congrats!!!!!

Sweet buck. Thats a great buck and love those huge cutters. Glad all your hard work paid off. Great story and pics.

This buck was tough he would not be put down . I almost hated to see him down when I shot him, I was happy and at the same time remorseful because he kept my blood pumpin every time I seen him . He will grace the wall of my den room and fill the bellys of my children and bring lots of memories for many years .He seems taller he is 16" left prong is 7" right prong is 7 3/8" SirRoyal

SR, check your inbox, I sent you a PM.

- Tim

Josiah, I enjoy looking at the Pics of that Buck everytime I see them. Congrats again on a super Buck!

Great job..thanks for sharing your story and pictures.

Great story and congratulations on your antelope. :)

TJ