Sign in to follow this  

Ward's Outfitters

According to Coconino LEO during the hearing, a lot more going on than what has been posted. Quick summary of what LEO said:

Coconino was was aware Ward had not been getting permits last several years to take clients on the Coconino. Coconino sent letter to Ward stating they aren’t allowed to guide on Coconino. Ward does anyway. Coconino LEO contacts AZGFD Mike Richins and asks to see guide report. It is noted that Ward left off all hunters that hunted Coconino. I believe it was $60,000 worth of guide fees. However many clients that is. 

2 hours ago, Flingingarrowsbro said:

According to Coconino LEO during the hearing, a lot more going on than what has been posted. Quick summary of what LEO said:

Coconino was was aware Ward had not been getting permits last several years to take clients on the Coconino. Coconino sent letter to Ward stating they aren’t allowed to guide on Coconino. Ward does anyway. Coconino LEO contacts AZGFD Mike Richins and asks to see guide report. It is noted that Ward left off all hunters that hunted Coconino. I believe it was $60,000 worth of guide fees. However many clients that is. 

No I think we all understood it pretty well, nobody really cares  

On 12/13/2021 at 7:48 AM, zackcarp said:

So the information earlier about Coconino Forest not allowing any more guides or outfitters is interesting. I wonder how they determine how many are too many?

This isn’t really new through out the US.   Colorado restricts outfitters to specific locations so they don’t run over themselves.  Nothing new

I listened to the meeting. Wards Outfitters was guiding Pat Lefemine the owner of  bowsite.com on an archery elk hunt. They were posting a live hunt everyday on bowsite for the world to follow along. The hunt went on for several days then Pat killed a bull. The outfitter claimed he forgot to file reports of his hunts on the Coconino plus he had no forest permit for that forest but remembered to file all their hunts on the Coronado where he did have a forest permit. The USFS said they had notified him about forest permits. The Game Commission said, you put us in this position and suspended their Outfitters license for 5 years. It was interesting listening to that case.

• Like 2

Cheating the system to his advantage is a big deal .He should have got his license taken for good and had to forfit all the ill gotten money and had to pay for the animals that were taken under his illegal guidance.Its not much different than poaching.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, wardsoutfitters said:

In time folks I will give you all the details. Just to clear the air. I was charged with 1 count of failure to submit. I did submit my guide report but forgot to add Pat. But if you scroll through my Facebook account you will see him there. I never intended to not add him to the report. Be patient. Please. 

image.thumb.png.842ad7c889bcdde8ad7f1dfbb4c55731.png