Sign in to follow this  
Edge

New cables and string $?

Seems I always hand my bows off to youngsters before they need new strings and cable. Mine are getting frazzled so looking for recommendations and cost estimate.

8 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Depending on brand 100-200$

Mathews Q2

I won't say I got robbed from AZ archery club.  But I was charged 140 for new strings and when I picked up my bow they charged 150 for a service fee.   

16 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I won't say I got robbed from AZ archery club.  But I was charged 140 for new strings and when I picked up my bow they charged 150 for a service fee.   

Whoa, wut? An additional $150?

Glad I started this thread. Last time I had to replace string and cable on a bow was at least 16 years ago. Of course Sportsman's tried their best to sell me a 21st century bow but I declined. Seems the string and cable was around $75 with free installation. They even chronographef a couple arrows from it while I waited.

Az the year before was 135 and no service fee.  Maybe it was the tech I got (not as good as the previous ones I've used there)   maybe not.  I will not be back. 

• Like 1

Az archery is top notch imo.  Im thinking you should have said something.  

I'd make a few phone calls and get accurate prices from the shops.  Cheap 75$ strings and cables are a PITA when they continually stretch.  I'd spend the money and get a better set. 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:47 PM, idgaf said:

Az the year before was 135 and no service fee.  Maybe it was the tech I got (not as good as the previous ones I've used there)   maybe not.  I will not be back. 

Been there 1 time, I’ll never go back

I just did mine at Bull Basin in Flag. They offered three tiers of quality for strings and cables. I went with the best and paid $185 installed.

• Like 1

Took my boys bow to Ross but I don't remember what it was cause we got arrows and a few other things going that day. But Ross is good to go from what I have seen. 

• Like 1