15 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Someone had a great idea on here a little while back and it went like every other year go primitive only .And I'd be fine hunting that .I do have iron sights on two muzzleloader and one runs a precussion cap .The point is everything is an advantage and to say otherwise just isn't true.If f@g ever went primitive I'd be in .One more season to hunt and probably not that many people will put in.

Are you bipolar or what?? This is exactly what I just said! I never cried unfair advantage, I just said that I’d be in favor for more primitive ml deer hunts. For the same reasons you just said!

and I do hunt with minimal equipment sometimes for the challenge of it, so your drama queen threat of “them” taking gear away means nothing to me, I’d hunt just as much if all I had was an atlatl

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Here we go again with the "I don't hunt that way, neither should you".

This is the stuff that will completely destroy hunting. Hunters vs hunters. 

I personally can not comprehend this mindset of wanting less opportunity, and more regulation.

Never said anyone shouldn’t hunt a certain way!  I said I’m for primitive muzzleloader hunting season! Read harder.

• Like 1

So you guys would be for crossbows on archery hunts, for baiting deer, for spotlighting, for thermal imaging, for live trail cams? Some regulation in hunting is obviously necessary and a good thing. I’m not against long range muzzleloaders with high power scopes.I don’t think they should be “banned”. I’m just in favor of a primitive ml season. I don’t see why that’s so controversial 

12 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Never said anyone shouldn’t hunt a certain way!  I said I’m for primitive muzzleloader hunting season! Read harder.

"More primitive" = more regulation on how people hunt. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

So you guys would be for crossbows on archery hunts, for baiting deer, for spotlighting, for thermal imaging, for live trail cams? Some regulation in hunting is obviously necessary and a good thing. I’m not against long range muzzleloaders with high power scopes.I don’t think they should be “banned”. I’m just in favor of a primitive ml season. I don’t see why that’s so controversial 

Some regulation is needed absolutely 100%. However I am of the stance that more regulation is not needed!

8 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

"More primitive" = more regulation on how people hunt. 

I’m not trying to be a jerk….. why no crossbows then? Why no air bows?Why bow season at all, regulating what you can use? This is no different. 

5 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk….. why no crossbows then? Why no air bows?Why bow season at all, regulating what you can use? This is no different. 

The difference is being educated in the things you wish to change.I can absolutely read and your post clearly states the use of 700 yd smokeless muzzleloaders and if you read the regs they can't be used in a muzzleloader season.I've hunted in states that have primitive only regs and no scopes.It leads to a lot of poorly shot animals that suffer needlessly for lack of good shot placement most are due to pushing iron sights to far.Its about good clean ethical kills and if a scoped muzzleloader will do the job better than iron sighted so be it. A 1x scope is not much better than iron sights at a hundred yds.There are very few muzzleloaders in the woods during the muzzleloader hunts that will make shots past 300 or so yards and even fewer people that are capable.Remember everything we use to hunt gives us an advantage and we still come home empty sometimes.

I get what you’re saying, but the opposite is also true when you think about it . I agree not many 300 yard muzzleloaders/ shooters thatre capable at 300…. Problem is that I don’t believe that has any effect on how many people are WILLING to take that 300 yard shot that they shouldn’t . 
out of range is out of range, and the people willing to take that 300 yard muzzleloader shot are the same people willing to fling arrows at 100 yards or 1000 with their rifle. Few can pull those shots off effectively and ethically, a whole lot more THINK they can.
I don’t buy the more wounded animal argument for those reasons, a good hunter knows his effective range for the weapon he’s using, and the conditions,and sticks to it

• Like 3

The Game @ Fish interests are fewer

animals killed without reducing tags, Ban more stuff.

Love topics like this.  Common sense says as the technology progresses, rules will need to be made to curb the advances.  Where that line gets drawn is debatable for sure.  New rules and regulations happen every year and are needed for the most part.  

I’ll agree with that however we like to hunt personally, we can’t eat our own. But it’s coming soon so get your best arguments ready. I’d rather see them add a primitive season for more opportunities and leave the other muzzy seasons and rules alone.

To be completely honest, I don't care how other people hunt as long as they are within the rules. Ie not using a rifle on an archery only hunt. It doesn't hurt or effect me and the way that I hunt. 

• Like 3

I'm all in on making entire units primitive consecutive years.  To reduce the success rate and increase the age class.  

Personally, it seems hunting these days for many is nothing more than long range target shooting.  Primitive seasons would bring actual stalking of game back into the mix. 

• Like 3

Totally thinking out load here and probably a lot of holes in this idea but it would be cool to see tag allocations broken up into a split for primitive and the usual. For example instead of 100 archery tags for a unit, split so 70 go to compound and 30 to trad. Maybe add tags and make it 80/30 or 70/40. Same deal with scoped vs non-scoped muzzles.