Steve6060al

Black River

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Not yet, but I'm sneaking out of work a little early today to head-up there for the weekend. 

S.

Nice! A few of us are heading up next Friday. Any chance I can PM you early next week to check conditions?

3 minutes ago, dmoto said:

Nice! A few of us are heading up next Friday. Any chance I can PM you early next week to check conditions?

For sure.  Hit me up.

If I remember, I'll maybe post a high-level report here, but PM me for gory details.  ;)

• Like 2

It amazes me how states flooded with rivers can enforce/encourage single hook and c&r only on every waterway and we pretty much have two rivers and people would be up in arms if you even brought it up.  I've seen people empty a pool and leave skins all over the bank and think nothing of it.  

• Like 2

Had a great time last weekend. Bite was good on chiggers and crawdads. Caught my biggest fresh water fish. 

• Like 3

Fishing this weekend was good, as usual.  Caught plenty of rainbows and browns Saturday (focused on fly fishing that day).  Several were very nice, with one brown being a real hog.  Switched to spinning gear on Sunday and had fun with the smallies.  Good times!

• Like 3

Ended up getting out the past weekend, was above the pump station since it was easier to get to with the family. Nice weather and covered some miles on the river and pulled out plenty of smallmouth with a couple real hogs. Didn’t get on any trout, but gear wise wasn’t really targeting them.  Hope to get out again before monsoon.

• Like 1

No changes still stage 1. The Department plans to keep the Reservation open for as long as possible pending any fires.

On a side note we've been stocking the dirt ponds pretty heavy with catfish (hwy tank area, warm springs area, ash creek area, clover area), bass (hwy tank area, juniper tank), trout (Seneca, POP, Cienega tank (12-14")) all across the Reservation.

DAN

DSC_0600.JPG

DSC_1140.JPG

20220413_151334.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Apache7mm said:

No changes still stage 1. The Department plans to keep the Reservation open for as long as possible pending any fires.

On a side note we've been stocking the dirt ponds pretty heavy with catfish (hwy tank area, warm springs area, ash creek area, clover area), bass (hwy tank area, juniper tank), trout (Seneca, POP, Cienega tank (12-14")) all across the Reservation.

DAN

DSC_0600.JPG

DSC_1140.JPG

20220413_151334.jpg

DANG!!!!!