oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

3 hours ago, Sneaker said:

Man thats disappointing to hear. I know some great honest guides but others don't do that group any favors. Add this to the others black eyes for guides from just my memory: 1. Powerline buck, 2. Forgot where the reservation line was Bull, 3. Big Muley/Coues Hybrid buck fight, 4. Buffalo location fight, 5. You shot my antelope fight, 6. Helicoptering antelope conviction 7. Governers tag(?) big bull shot in town/close to houses

Maybe we just do away with guilds and go back to hunting for fun? And if you “didn’t have time to scout “ it’s because your just not that into hunting

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AZLance said:

isn't Ward making more money guiding now than before his 5 year ban? Mexico has been good to him. growing his client list for when his 5 year thingy is up.

Dwane will do the same

That scumbag is probably still guiding here illegally.

• Like 1

Well I have to say this has been an interesting 13 pages of reading.

Some of those early comments sure didn’t age well. 

I know I’d rather be friends with Duane then some of the people who post on here. 

• Like 2

Amen! 98 % of the Folks on here are good People. The other 2% don't like older guys with knowledge of Hunting and Life.. That 2% doesn't have a life ,They have 12,000 post on here. Think they own it , Probably ain't killed squat. Personally I don't care what they killed. All they do is bad mouth any post that didn't come from their clan of Internet hunters. Like I said before they scare off most Good Hunters from around Arizona  I could name Many that have left here. I am done for now. 1 post every 3-4 months is enough. God Bless Duwane Adams and His Haters too.....................................BOB!

• Like 5

The almighty dollar makes even good people do dumb things.  Internet "facts" and "jury's" are questionable.   

• Like 1

Well, I guess we can all make an educated assumption now about why he was such a successful "guide".

Baiting game animals for profit should be a lifetime ban, IMO.

• Like 7

Looks like its official.  5 years revoked by azgfd.  Rumor mill still going about another violation this January.  By most accounts a great guide and stand up person. Crazy that he was busted for baiting multiple deer.  I wonder what drove him to tarnish his reputation like this?  

On 10/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, maximus said:

where do you find this information?

AZGFD commission meeting agenda, meeting minutes and meeting audio. If you listen to the last meetings audio you can hear the case against him and what they chose to do about it. They motioned and approved a 5 year ban on hunting, fishing and trapping. Without a hunting license he cannot guide. The AZGFD officer stated that the "individual" Adams was observed buying bait. It was not said what that bait was. The officer presenting the current case did state that there was another case from 01/2022 where the investigation is not finished and it will likely come before the commission when it's ready (so not a rumor at all) . There was no timeline stated as to when this might happen. It was stated that there was also a violation in the early 1990's that did not go to the commission. The records for this violation was pre-digital and were apparently lost and not available. If they were available and if they were able to be confirmed the commission could have possibly taken his privileges for 10 years. It was also stated by the officer that the Dept spent 450 hours investigating this case.

Edit to add: He will pay $9318.12 for 3 WT Deer.

Court records are searchable and available for the case that the state brought against him as well. Most everything is public record and out there if you care to look for it.

• Thanks 2

From his FB page:

We just got back from an amazing elk camp up north. I got to spend time with my great friends, grandchildren, clients, and guides. I am sure most of you know by now or will soon my recent verdict with the AZ Game and Fish Dept. Quite honestly we have been in an uphill battle with them since the moment I started my guiding career and this one was no different. I have talked to so many outfitters and guides through the years who have been on the winning & the losing side of this coin and at the end of the day it doesnt change. I have received multiple phone calls from great friends upset about people commenting, people happy about it, or people sharing it online. Honestly it's expected. I have been guiding and doing this for 47 years. These stories whether good or bad always have a version. Mine, theirs, and the truth. My entire hunting career I have had plenty of people that liked me and plenty of people that didn’t. That’s life. You could kill the biggest buck there was and there would be a person who had something negative to say. That won’t change today based on any of it. I have always shared with my kids that you will learn who your true friends are during tough times. Luckily for me I learned that many times over the years and fortunately those people are still around . This has been a wonderful career and business. We have harvested some amazing animals through the years and have more hunting stories than I can share and plenty more to make. I haven’t actually hunted myself in over 30 years. My son in law Nick DeBaca now owns our business and they are doing a wonderful job and I will be outfitting for them... so not much has changed there. l will still be in every hunting camp doing what I love most... Being around outdoorsman and raising up more hunters. On a different note I have a lot of knowledge on areas throughout Arizona & will be giving that away for free so although I won’t be guiding myself I will be sharing it all with people we will still be offering glassing lessons as well. So please give me a call if you have questions about anything. At 67 years old my last years will be spent hunting with my kids and grandchildren I have truly enjoyed taking people from around the world and teaching people things that were learned and passed down to me. I appreciate every single one of you who has reached out in support or has been there through the years. I hope you all make as many memories in the outdoors with the people that matter the most as we have and will continue to do. God Bless you all.

https://www.facebook.com/duwaneadamshunting/

11 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

By most accounts a great guide and stand up person. Crazy that he was busted for baiting multiple deer.  I wonder what drove him to tarnish his reputation like this?  

Those two sentences contradict each other quite a bit

image.jpeg.45edd6a791b9364218e983a31ba75796.jpeg

Pride - Stubborn Pride and of course money! Just another cheating guide......don't care what his reputation is - Add to the scumbag list

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, oz31p said:

Maybe we just do away with guilds and go back to hunting for fun? And if you “didn’t have time to scout “ it’s because your just not that into hunting

Yes! Not sure where things got so out of hand. Believe it or not, its ok to hunt for the experience and not to kill a "trophy" by others standards. Image and vanity rule some peoples lives. Keeping up with the Jones is not a good way to live. Pride cometh before the fall.     

• Like 2