Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Hamburger recipes

If you add bacon to the mix do you cook the burger to well done or do you eat it medium with the bacon undercooked. I’ve heard people do this. But I’ve also watched a lot of episodes of Chopped 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

1/2 lb. ground Wagyu per patty.

Seasoned with Trader Joes Umami seasoning and my own BBQ rub spice mix along with some Worcestershire.

Buttered and lightly toasted sesame brioche buns slathered with Dijon.

Fresh veggies (sometimes pickled red onions & pickled jalapeños) and some sharp cheddar.

My wife and I will devour two burgers each! 🍔

I've met your wife, Hector.  NO WAY she downs two 1/2 pound burgers!!!!    🤯  😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If you add bacon to the mix do you cook the burger to well done or do you eat it medium with the bacon undercooked. I’ve heard people do this. But I’ve also watched a lot of episodes of Chopped 

The bacon ends are almost all fat, so they act as a replacement for fat in the lean elk, the rest is mixed right in, so it all cooks together - no undercooked bacon chunks. Always medium rare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chef said:

1/2 lb. ground Wagyu per patty.

Seasoned with Trader Joes Umami seasoning and my own BBQ rub spice mix along with some Worcestershire.

Buttered and lightly toasted sesame brioche buns slathered with Dijon.

Fresh veggies (sometimes pickled red onions & pickled jalapeños) and some sharp cheddar.

My wife and I will devour two burgers each! 🍔

IMG_0387.jpg

Man that looks and sounds delicious. Gonna have to give that one go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach said:

Man that looks and sounds delicious. Gonna have to give that one go.

That would feed me for 4 days. Looks great 👍

• Like 1

wow...Looks like I need to up my game.  Salt, pepper, and garlic always works for me.  Montreal seasoning is pretty good also.   Burgers, steak, and chicken is the only thing I like to cook over the coals and smoke from the devil's butt crack - Mesquite.  

55 minutes ago, DutchmanAZ said:

wow...Looks like I need to up my game.  Salt, pepper, and garlic always works for me.  Montreal seasoning is pretty good also.   Burgers, steak, and chicken is the only thing I like to cook over the coals and smoke from the devil's butt crack - Mesquite.  

I almost never use the same recipe and am always looking to do something different and I cook every day. I grill them, smoke them, cook in a skillet and sometimes finish them off in a skillet with butter, beer and onions on a low temp for 15-20 minutes.

When I have the time I'll go to Von Hansens and get their fresh ground beef. I've yet to find higher quality at the retail level.