Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Hamburger recipes

Was wondering if anybody would be willing to share some burger recipes thanks

Smoking hot cast iron, salt and pepper, flip after hard crust forms (2-4 minutes), salt and pepper cooked side. Cook this side for 2 minutes. Turn heat off. Place a seeded roasted green chile on top, followed by sharp cheddar. Cover with lid to allow cheese to melt. 

Serve with toasted bun, sliced raw onion, mayo and whatever else you want. Done. 

• Like 1

I don’t measure anything but here is the ingredients I use

heavy whipping cream (doesn’t need much)

soy sauce 

Worcestershire sauce

sauteed diced onions

seasoned pepper

garlic powder

paprika

then I use a hamburger press make 1/3-1/2 lb patties 

cook med rare to med

I made elk burgers not to long ago and used about 2lbs of ground meat. When forming your patties, I grate about a 1/2 stick of butter evenly over all the patties. This adds a little fat to your lean elk. Then I finish them off with salt, pepper and a little garlic salt and threw them onto a hot grill to get a nice sear on one side, then flip turn down to half heat and let it cook thoroughly and add your cheese to the seared side and allow it to melt. I also threw some bacon on the top grate of the grill and served it on top. Toast your buns with a little butter in a pan and add whatever toppings you like. Some darn good burgers with a simple recipe.

Burgers 2.jpg

Burgers 4.jpg

Burgers 5.jpg

• Like 1

I mixed diced jalapeño and either grated cheddar or nasty butt blue cheese crumbles (for my wife only), and sometimes crumbled cooked bacon in with Montreal steak seasoning, and a little bit of A1 and mix thoroughly.  

• Haha 1

Use Elk and Ranch dressing packets!

I'll hit the supermarket first thing in the morning when they mark down the ground beef half price and buy a couple of the two pound packs. I used to mix in an egg, some bread crumbs, ground garlic and Worchestshire  and make a bunch of patties and freeze them but lately I just add a little salt and some Montreal Seasoning.

I like to make them big enough so the fit the bun. I like the Orowheat Thins. I'll usually put on a thin slice of sweet onion and some avocodo. I like to make them about 6-7 ounces.

• Like 1

1/2 lb. ground Wagyu per patty.

Seasoned with Trader Joes Umami seasoning and my own BBQ rub spice mix along with some Worcestershire.

Buttered and lightly toasted sesame brioche buns slathered with Dijon.

Fresh veggies (sometimes pickled red onions & pickled jalapeños) and some sharp cheddar.

My wife and I will devour two burgers each! 🍔

IMG_0387.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

I mixed diced jalapeño and either grated cheddar or nasty butt blue cheese crumbles (for my wife only), and sometimes crumbled cooked bacon in with Montreal steak seasoning, and a little bit of A1 and mix thoroughly.  

Nasty Butt blue cheese! Best explanation of it yet!

Add 1 pack onion soup mix per pound of burger

2 Tablespoon per pound Worchester sauce

A1 sauce never measure??

Bronto Burgers!

213437997_BrontoBurgers.thumb.jpg.c0bdb0d0ea0640aaa33e15860a02d132.jpg

Hate sharing this, but not really a secret. I mix well trimmed, lean elk with bacon ends during the grinding - lots of bacon ends. From there, the sky's the limit. Love some thick sliced bacon, candied jalapenos, avocado, dang, time to start up the grill. 

Great thread - let's keep it going.

• Like 1